Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

how could i improve my sorc..

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by red_devil, Mar 31, 2004.

1. red_devil

red_devil IncGamers Member

how could i improve my sorc..

hy guys.. my 85th level meteorb MF sorc is in avt IV hell.. heres her equipment.. tell me what changes i should look for..

harlequin crest (no change me thinks :D)
    highlord wrath amulet (+1 skills + 35% lightning resists + some unwanted bonusses..)
    occulus + ist :)D)
    moser's blessed circle + um + pdiamond
    skulder's ire
    goldwrap
    nagel ring
    manald heal ring

bramble touch bramble mitts (nice gloves with 24% MF and some resists.. ditched chance guards for this..)
    bone brogues sharkskin boots (some resists..)

i have abt 50s in resists for most.. about 350 MF and about +7 to skills..i have gheeds + a all resist charm + few other good charms..

i still need some resistance boosting.. probably the act V quest will help me.. any other option.. i am looking for maras and war travelers.. but i might lose resistances if i change them.. any other items i should look for.. anything i should change.. thanks.. :buddies:

2. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

the act 5 quest will help, as will res sc's.

you can switch both rings for more res. mara's will give you res.

but i don't know what your problem is. you said you want to improve, get more res. but you didn't say what the trouble is. with that gear, you shouldn't have much problem.

3. red_devil

well it was those oblivion knights.. they pack one hell of a punch in hell.. especially the bosses.. they do elemental damage and lots of it.. but i managed to somehow pass through them and fight diablo.. who btw went hell of a lot easier than those oblivion knights..

oh and i didnst realise mara's give +30% resistances..

my resistance to cold is 75 and lighting, cold and fire is 40s.. if i remove my boots they fall sharply.. and thatll happen if i replace my current boots with war travelers.. but if i have mara's + the act V quest it should be alright i guess.. if i get them i think my character might be ready for DC.. :D :buddies:

4. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

if you are farming DC, you don't need any mf. mf won't do anything versus him.

5. twiddle_diddle

twiddle_diddle Banned

DC? What is DC? :scratch:

6. red_devil

AFAIK diablo clone or uber diablo who spawns only in online games and drops an uber small charm called annihilus that give +1 to skills, +20% (me thinks) to all resistances, +? to all stats, + % to experience gained..

neat innit.. :D

7. raiderjb

raiderjb IncGamers Member

Hey

Just some food for thought. Your kit is fine for MF ing if your resists are ok maybe switch manald for soj for mana boost and maybe 3 soc trolls nest with Ums and or ists to your requirements.

But if you want MF and killing power / speed think about using the full tals set. You may think Tals set! na bit nooby but I assure you its not. Refer to Zrocs thread about the set and all will be revealed. You can get over 1000mf includuing merc and switch and maintain power. Not too shoddy.

BTW MUFC 4 eva I got a season ticket and live near ground.

8. red_devil

MUFC 4 eva m8.. unfortunately i live in US.. im going to united milan game in NJ.. :clap:

i dont have the full tal's set.. just 2 items.. but seriously.. how can i give up my occy and shako.. they rock.. my MF will go upto about 400 to 450 if i get war travs and maybe socket skulders and put in an ist.. and i think the diminishing returns for MF says 400 to 450 and 1000 dont have a good deal of MF difference.. ill try it out once i collect the set though..

im ok with my mana.. so dont desparately need sojs..

btw.. wots soc trolls nest.. :scratch: :buddies:

9. adamfgt78

adamfgt78 IncGamers Member

I would recommend that you exchange the Highlords, Skullders, and Goldwrap for Tals amulet, armor, and belt, if you can get them. It will give you about the same amount of MF and +skills, but will give way more resists, mana, and 20% fast cast. If you can't afford Tals, then at least change out the Highlords for a good resist amulet. Saracens chance is good and cheap. The extra +1 skill of Highlords won't help you if you keep dying to elemental attacks. Also, I would definately ditch the Manald ring for a resist ring, if you still need more resists. Or use another Nagel ring.

10. warding

warding Banned

Do you have max block?
    Switch highlords with Maras or +2 Skill/Res all ammy
    Switch Nagel and Manalds for SoJs or 10 fcr/res all rings or BK rings
    You have 20% FCR, which is bad.

Try using: 20 fcr ammy, 10 fcr ring, vipermagi, Arachnids, Trang or Magefist gloves in some combination to get above 63% fcr.

11. red_devil

thanks for the replies.. but my newbness is showing now..

1.. wots soc trolls nest
    2.. whats FCR.. i have magefist.. so you must mean faster cast rate.. :scratch:

ill replace highlords with first chance i get.. if i get war travs ill replace gold wrap too.. i could use magefist but my resistances will drop.. im looking for mara's and sojs but not getting any.. still fishing for items.. maybe a few andy/meph/pit runs will do the trick..

i dont care much for block.. it worked fine until now.. :scratch:

12. raiderjb

raiderjb IncGamers Member

Hi again fellow red

1.. Trolls nest is an elite shield that can spawn upto 3 sockets

2.. FCR is Faster Cast Rate and you must try to get over the first break point which is 63%

But to answer your question about dumping occy and shako would take about 3 pages and has already been done by Zroc.

Keep on using wat youve got for the time being but I beg you read Zroc's thread its massive technically brilliant and well presented. Name is "The truth about Tal's Set..."

This more than covers all you will ever need to about using 3 Tal items with Occy and Shako or the full Tal's set

I have actually built 2 Mf sorces. 1 tals and 1 skulders occy shako etc. I prefer the set route

Read the thread and be prepared to be converted.

Thx and G Luk at the Milan game