How can you tell what version a set item is from?

asdfq

Diabloii.Net Member
How can you tell what version a set item is from?

A friend recently gave me a M'avina's Tenet belt and I was thinking of getting a few more of the cheaper set pieces so I can have the partial set bonuses. Before I make my trades, can anyone please tell me if there's a way to see if my item is from a new enough version of D2 to recieve the bonuses? I wouldn't want to trade my stuff away for an item that doesn't work as I thought it would.

Thanks.

dang79

Diabloii.Net Member
asdfq said:
A friend recently gave me a M'avina's Tenet belt and I was thinking of getting a few more of the cheaper set pieces so I can have the partial set bonuses. Before I make my trades, can anyone please tell me if there's a way to see if my item is from a new enough version of D2 to recieve the bonuses? I wouldn't want to trade my stuff away for an item that doesn't work as I thought it would.

Thanks.
Nope 12345

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Orbstu said:
unless you are playing ladder
well, yes, since ladder came along with 1.10... But when ladder ends and turns to normal, you will notice no difference on 1.09 and 1.10 set items that have the same stats, and only give partial set bonuses as a difference.
Only way is to equip other set parts, and see if you get any bonus.

asdfq

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm on non-ladder so I guess i'll just try to acquire a couple more pieces and see how it goes. Thanks for helping though.