How can I speed up my Cable Internet?

PAC-MAN

Diabloii.Net Member
How can I speed up my Cable Internet?

Please! Any seggestions? Programs? Tweaks? Please! Anything!
Thanks,
-Pac

PAC-MAN

Diabloii.Net Member
Ummm... Is BroadBand the same as Cable??? I don't know what to download! lol
I am so confused. :(
-Pac

Pidder

Diabloii.Net Member
We're talking about a physical connection here. It's not like you can improve it alot by running software. The only thing you can do that I know of is adjusting certain settings based on your latency to the download source. That could improve your download speed for that location, or something. There is no way of improving your latency to a specific server. That's all hardware.

th5418

Banned
Go to your ISP and beat the crap out of them to give you all the bandwith. No idea what im talking about.......

Sergeant

Diabloii.Net Member
cable internet = broadband

If you're talking download or upload speeds, not much you can do there. Those are limited by your ISP, based on which service you pay for. Right now, I have Charter's highest download speed of 2 mb.

You can get pages to load faster by not loading graphics, sounds or animations. Those all take up the most bandwidth. Granted, your surfing experience will be crippled, leaving you with only static html but you're pages will load like freshly waxed lightning.

PAC-MAN

Diabloii.Net Member
Sergeant said:
cable internet = broadband

If you're talking download or upload speeds, not much you can do there. Those are limited by your ISP, based on which service you pay for. Right now, I have Charter's highest download speed of 2 mb.

You can get pages to load faster by not loading graphics, sounds or animations. Those all take up the most bandwidth. Granted, your surfing experience will be crippled, leaving you with only static html but you're pages will load like freshly waxed lightning.
Is there anything I can do to lower my ping?

VampiroXIII

Diabloii.Net Member
Corneo said:
Shell out the big bucks and get a T1.
My cable has actually been clocked faster than that.

If you want really fast internet, get a SONET OC192 connection. That goes 9.9 Gbps. That's right, GIGA bits per second. Too bad the network card for those is a couple hundred bucks alone.

PAC-MAN

Diabloii.Net Member
mysnistaken said:
stop running programs in the background...or downloading..not much else you can do...whats it at right now?
My ping right now in a counterstrike server is... around 35, but it jumps to 40 then down to 28 then 36 then 49, you get the idea.