How can i improve my all light sorc?

rlindersgaard

Diabloii.Net Member
How can i improve my all light sorc?

I'm lvl 87 nonladder and i have nothing but light skills...

Lightning: 20
Chain Lightning: 20
Lightning mastery: 20
Charged Bolt: 20
Telekinesis: 1
Static field: 1
Teleport: 1
Energy shield: 1
and im currently maxing out nova for the synergy of it.

Lightning dmg:4 - ~14 k
Chain Lightning 4 - ~6700

At the moment i use Chain lightning the most, with lightning to finish of meph etc.

I wear:
2*Nagelring
Shako P Topaz
Skulldres ire p topaz
oculus isted
Tal Rashas adjunction
Lidless Wall
War travs
Chance guards
Gold wrap

+ Light skiller GC

My merc is a act 2 nightmare defensive,
He wears:
Tal rasha helm
Bonehew
Griswald armor + 3 p Topaz

Is nova gonna be powerful enough to overthrow the chain and/or lightning?

Im i magicfinding sorc as you probably have noticed and therefore this is my main priority but if you have some improvements please come forward?

By the way which places would be good for me to mf?

lonnie913

Diabloii.Net Member
1. lightnin/chain lightning will always out perform nova in raw damage.

2. good places to mf are the ones without lightning immunes :lol: . mephisto, andariel, pindle are good places to start. the pit has a mix of every immunity, but if your mercenary is up to the challenge you might be able to handle it. (although it might take too long, waiting for him to kill every lightning immune). ancient tunnels will spawn with lightning immunes half the time, so i wouldnt bother.

3. most people find that with just 1 pt in energy shield and 1pt in telekinesis, their mana gets drained so quickly that is borders on suicidal to activate their energy shield. your experience may be different, but tread carefully.

4. i am a big fan of blocking. although you probably have all your stat points used. if you have 200 or so unused though, consider taking up a blocking shield. mosers (upped maybe), viscertuant (upped if you can find) or rhyme (i like it in a heater, but opinions vary) are good choices. rhyme also provies magic find and "cannot be frozen". i hate being frozen.

*edit* if you dont know, upgrading exceptional items to elite items (e.g. upgrading mosers and viscertuant) is a ladder-only privilege. however, there are some of these upgraded exceptionals. on non-ladder. they were upgraded on ladder season 1, and when ladder reset, all those ladder1 items and characters became non-ladder. thus you could trade for them, but i have no idea on values; i play on ladder :lol: .

good luck.

sasja

Diabloii.Net Member
One point in Warmth is always a good idea, especially for mana-hungry spells like lightning.

IIDX

Diabloii.Net Member
there's really not much improvement that i can think of for your sorc, except maybe switching to ali baba + rhyme.

IN_FLAMES

Banned
Lightning sorcs are very capable of doing Pindle/Countess/Meph runs, although you'd have to skip the council members, and they have dropped me some nice items before (even moreso than meph)...

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
You N-E-E-D

+1 Shiver Armor
+1 Warmth

Warmth... read the descript with all the +skills it will get from items... it will be obvious why you would need it.

Shiver Armor... The BEST Def Bonus out of all 3 Cold Shields, but its not about Def at ALL. Its all about how everyone including melee / casters / all would be chilled except Cannot be Frozen monsters or Cold Immunes. This is good.

- Dennis

IIDX

Diabloii.Net Member
Dennis_KoreanGuy said:
You N-E-E-D

+1 Shiver Armor
+1 Warmth

Warmth... read the descript with all the +skills it will get from items... it will be obvious why you would need it.

Shiver Armor... The BEST Def Bonus out of all 3 Cold Shields, but its not about Def at ALL. Its all about how everyone including melee / casters / all would be chilled except Cannot be Frozen monsters or Cold Immunes. This is good.

- Dennis
instead of placing 3 more skills into cold tree, find a shiver armor orb, but this isn't necessary for this build.

IN_FLAMES said:
Lightning sorcs are very capable of doing Pindle/Countess/Meph runs, although you'd have to skip the council members, and they have dropped me some nice items before (even moreso than meph)...
he could opt for shenk and eld