Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How Can I Find Out My CD-Key?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by MaStAViC, Jul 14, 2007.

1. MaStAViC

MaStAViC IncGamers Member

How Can I Find Out My CD-Key?

Hi, Everyone,
    How's it going? I have Diablo 2 and Diablo 2: Expansion installed, and would like to know the CD-keys I used. I have two copies of each game (one I purchased myself when they first came out, the other was my friend's) and am trying to find out which CD-keys I used to install the game before I give my friend back his copies (so that I don't give him the CD-keys I am using).

Is there a way to find this out? I found a few third-party programs online but am a bit weary about installing any of them.

Thank you,
    Victor Ly

2. tikki

tikki IncGamers Member

you could uninstall/reinstall.
    you won't lose anything except ur SP chracters. but you can back them up if you want to save them

3. Stompwampa

Stompwampa IncGamers Member

Yea, don't install any 3pp's to read the CD-Key. It'll only give you head aches.

Do what tikki said and just uninstall/reinstall and then keep track of which keys you used for the re-install.

Just back up your SP characters first....if you have any.

4. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

Actually the sp chars dont get deleted if you uninstall. Atleast not on my comp. They have to be removed manually or something.

5. FrankWest

FrankWest IncGamers Member

Last time I checked, they'll stick around as long as the reinstall happens with the same CD keys that were used the first time. But that's not an assurance in the OP's case, so I wouldn't take the chance. Either way, if you back them up there definitely shouldn't be a problem. Better safe than sorry, I guess.

6. MaStAViC

Looks like a reinstall is the only posted solution thus far. I appreciate all of the replies that this thread has received, and look forward to any more replies, perhaps some with other solutions.

Thank you,
    Victor Ly

7. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

There are no other solutions. Blizzard does not supply a tool allowing you to read game files, despite demanding you give them your CD key to log into the forums (anonymous posts, say from prospective customers, are not allowed). Third-party programs aren't allowed to be discussed here, despite using operating systems which allow the same features, but only if you purchase them.

In other words, the only solution you can expect to receive here is uninstall/re-install. Not very helpful, I know, but it's a Blizzard product - what do you expect?

8. MaStAViC

Thank you for the very informative reply. Even if it's somewhat of a hassle to uninstall and reinstall the software, I really appreciate all of the great replies here.

Thanks!
    Victor Ly

9. Stompwampa

Stompwampa IncGamers Member

It really isn't that much of a hassle. The whole uninstall/reinstall process will take like 20 minutes. You could have done that by now and had no problems whatsoever.