how can i do pindle w/o getting temp banned?

Hookillz

Diabloii.Net Member
how can i do pindle w/o getting temp banned?

Hey, i just got my sorc up to 80 on ladder and I figured its time to do a bit of Magic Find

Pindle was kicking the crap out of me and right when I go into the swing of things I get temp banned

went and played some dota, came back, same thing again

Anyone know after how many games I should take a break to prevent from getting the temp boot?

I know some people switch it up and go farm another boss after x amount of runs, so I was just wondering about how many runs in should I do this

Lucavious

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: how can i do pindle w/o getting temp banned?

I will typically kill Eldritch right after Pindleskin. Doing it this way I've only been temp banned a single time and it was during last season.

SnickerSnack

Diabloii.Net Member

Adding another boss or two will lengthen your runs - no temp ban. I run andy,meph,diablo,eldritch,shenk,baal. Adding eldritch and shenk might be enough.

Oscarius

Diabloii.Net Member

I believe you can kill Andy as a blizz sorc.
This is my current sequence in NM: Eld, Shenk, Pindle, Trav, Meph, Countess, Andy
When i get strong enough to mf in Hell it will probably be: Andy, Meph, Pindle

humblegar

Diabloii.Net Member

I've never been temp banned with pindle - eldritch - shenk. But if you still get it you could check a few times for claws @ anya. Tunnels rock if you have the fcr and survivability to find it quickly.

ColdAsIce

Diabloii.Net Member

Unfortunately the good old days are no longer with us. Back years ago, I had no problem doing pindleskin runs back to back with 600+ MF. And usually its outcome was very successful in terms of drops because of the fast runs. But now that things have changed...

First of all, to equal out the time factor of running each boss individually, work your way up from each act. I find it most effective if you start in this order: (Difficulty of level does not matter)

Countess, Andy, Duriel (recommended), Meph, Shenk, Eld, Pindle, Baal.

These runs may seem long, yes, but on the other hand, it will prevent you from being temp banned which to me, its worth it. Its also good to switch your order of MFing bosses for lack of boredom and luck. Some people even do Chaos/Diablo in the mix as well. In the long run it equals out to doing the bosses individually besides your normal Meph/Andy runs (those seem to not temp ban you).

-Dave

Keryth

Diabloii.Net Member

On Nightmare just now since i cant quite do hell yet. I'm doing..

Andy (Countess sometimes) - Trav - Meph (clear on the way) - Diablo (clear whole area) - Eldritch/Shenk/Pindle then Baal (clearing the keep on the way, find some interesting stuff!) and ill add cows when I need white items or some charms to reroll for skillers.

Of course since im using a javazon its not going to be ideal doing the same on hell but the same principle applies. I go from one boss to the next and try to kill as much on the way there as possible without slowing me down. I've dropped a fair bit of MF to up my killing speed and I move very quickly through each section. I've yet to die while doing my runs, even to freak zergs by dolls!

Most of my interesting drops believe it or not have came from normal monsters. I'll maybe take the time out to time how long it takes me to do my runs and work out how to maximise my items per hour but for now I kill anything i see while on my runs.

The only time I've ever been restricted was while doing baal runs on my sorc.

SnickerSnack

Diabloii.Net Member

Countess, Andy, Duriel (recommended), Meph, Shenk, Eld, Pindle, Baal.
-Dave
So, you're doing the summoner too? It seemed to me that running Duriel would be a big pain, but I'll have to add it to my list for a while just to be sure. Why do you recommend it?

I've been doing diablo since he's easy for my sorc; I just wish it went faster or that the seal guards dropped anything worthwhile.

Painman

Diabloii.Net Member

Right now in NM I do: Andy, Travincal, Meph, Shenk, Eldritch, Pindle. I pad the runs out a little by clearing Durance lvl 3 and killing the zombies in Pindle's graveyard for the odd gem, rune, etc.

No temp bans yet...

ColdAsIce

Diabloii.Net Member

So, you're doing the summoner too?
I do not find running the summoner worthwhile besides key runs. The reason being is because out of my entire years of playing D2/MFing I have hardly found good drops from the summoner. Although, I believe arcane sanctuary monsters are known for dropping high runes, as a matter of fact, I found an Ohm rune in the arcane sanctuary off of one of the ghosts and have heard numerous stories.

It seemed to me that running Duriel would be a big pain, but I'll have to add it to my list for a while just to be sure. Why do you recommend it?
IMO Duriel is one of the greatest super bosses to find the best drops; even though the monster level area is not the highest. Duriel is famous for dropping godly rare circlets/ammys/rings/gloves and belts as well. As far as uniques go, you shouldn't be disappointed.

-Dave

SnickerSnack

Diabloii.Net Member

I do not find running the summoner worthwhile besides key runs. The reason being is because out of my entire years of playing D2/MFing I have hardly found good drops from the summoner. Although, I believe arcane sanctuary monsters are known for dropping high runes, as a matter of fact, I found an Ohm rune in the arcane sanctuary off of one of the ghosts and have heard numerous stories.
So if you don't run the summoner, then do you just do the tombs randomly until you find the right one? It seems like if you run duriel, then you have to run the summoner.

clearing Durance lvl 3
I do that too. The best thing I've gotten from Bremm Sparkfist is a Raven Frost.

ColdAsIce

Diabloii.Net Member

So if you don't run the summoner, then do you just do the tombs randomly until you find the right one? It seems like if you run duriel, then you have to run the summoner.

I do that too. The best thing I've gotten from Bremm Sparkfist is a Raven Frost.
Technically you are correct, but I enjoy teleporting around each tomb for the super chests and hoping one tomb is Duriels =) (This is what happens when your a MF geek :p)