Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How can I deal with spam bots?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Damric, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

How can I deal with spam bots?

I have come to the conclusion that there are more bots than people playing this game at any given time on US West Ladder. I tried making games with level limits so now the bots are high level. Many times I ask myself "Didn't I just squelch that one? What he rejoined?" What's worse is that some of them taunt you by offerring "spam-blocker". There should be a guide in these forums on just how to deal with these annoying litle salesmen that just suck up bandwidth. Lag is so bad sometimes that I just want to quit and I know its their fault. Anyone ever pked a Baalbot? They drop lots of gold lol. I wish Battle.net would kill all bots for good.

2. nubikoen

nubikoen IncGamers Member

There was (is?) an IRC chan on quakenet with that one single purpose. Show the op 20 lvl 95+ botter ears + 2 mill gold you'd get 1 point. 10 points would net you a HR + "Secret on how to get 1 HR a day" I didn't get any though. I tried a few times and actually killed 1, but nowhere near even a single point. I like the idea though :)

Edit:
    The chan was (if it's allowed to post that here, if not I'll delete it asap or ask an admin to do so) #BotHunter.eu

Edit2:

Is this stat related btw? Maybe the community forum would have been better.

3. Stevebo

Stevebo Banned

If playing solo or with people you know create a passworded game.

If you want to allow others to join then create a passworded game and give the password in the game title or comments/notes box

4. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

Well why bother playing on battle.net at all? I can just as easily play on TCP/IP if I passworded all my games. Battle.net was designed to interact with people, not some guy's baal-bot/spam-bot.

5. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Multiple replies

Heard something like that, but I'm pretty sure that whatever benefit you get from fragging a bot isn't remotely close to what the bot gets itself, so it makes sense that the people claiming to give you items may be the same who are running the bots. Also true is that this is only related to Statistics if there are any records of the number of bots or how to get rid of them, which there aren't. This forum either discourages or outright prohibits such.

Passworded games are private games. Private games don't show up on any list, so it doesn't matter where the password is hidden - no one will see it. I tried getting a big enough list to privately play but RuST appears to have died, at least until next ladder season starts. Then again, if I'm not going to be here then (bots/cheaters are the main reason for that) why should anyone else?

You're right. All that work I've gone through in .09 to get a good amount of gear trusting Blizzard would do it's job is wasted, and so is all the ladder-only gear I've gained in two seasons. I should probably just play private networked with... no one, since there are more cheaters there than in closed realms. Oh, and no ladder-only gear, no gear at all since I'm starting over, but since I'm starting over - with nothing - why not start over in another game, like Guild Wars, dropping Blizzard titles altogether (since they've earned the loss of my respect)?

6. FodderCannoned

FodderCannoned IncGamers Member

Play single player, and come join us at the SPF, we play over TCPIP and cheating is minimul there. Plus it is a more mature enviroment there.

7. Vakarrona

Vakarrona IncGamers Member

On Europe HC I didn't see a single Baal bot so far... I wander why!?!?!?!? Anyway, I didn't see many salesman bots yet, but the channel bots are there by dozens...

Just play with your friends in private games. I think the "I have no friends on bnet" excuse is odd... Why playing on bnet if you don't make any friends to play with?