Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How bad is firewall?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Manago, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Manago

Manago IncGamers Member

How bad is firewall?

Seems like it has a ton of damage, level 1 firewall + firemastery with boosted skills to 5/5 has it doing just a couple hundred shy of a grand every second, maxed with +skills (and 18% Eschuta's) is this a viable way to kill cold immunes in hell? (orb/firewall build)

2. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

I think it can be viable though you have to get used to using it to get best results , i have never tried firewall

3. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

Firewall is very, very NOT bad. Firewall is one of two skills (Frozen Orb) that is capable of killing very nicely in Hell with nothing more than 20 points in the skill and 1 point in the corresponding Mastery. That makes Firewall a phenominal skill for dual-tree Sorcs (such as CL or Blizzard sorcs) who are strapped for skill points.

Also, since it maxes out with just 42 spent skillpoints, a primarily Firewall build has a ton of points left over for other fun things (Glacial Spike spammer, anyone?).

4. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

Fire Wall is a great spell. After maxing FW, you just put a few points in FM and with +skills does a lot of damage per second. You can use your merc to keep monsters in, stack it even with the casting delay, and lure monsters in "the line of fire" so to speak. I'm using it on my current sorc and love it.

5. zenNn

zenNn IncGamers Member

Fire wall is great for using against bosses 2.. with a little def and NO occu (25 % chance 2 tele) u can just cast 2/3 fire walls and andy/meph are dead. maxed fw and fm can make a 20k dam per second

6. Epsilon Eyez

Epsilon Eyez IncGamers Member

Its a great kill for pure damage, though its arguable how useful it is otherwise. I think its a great skill for the skill points investment, and if you use it right, it can devastate monsters.

7. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

I had one in 09. Just get a good tanking merc, and Firewall when monsters are in place attacking merc. Only way to fully use firewall's awesome damage.

8. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

It's not the only way at all. The trick is to realize that Firewall springs up PERPENDICULAR to where you click... so if you click above you, it'll go east/west, but if you click beside you, it'll go north/south. A nice trick is that, if an enemy is approaching you from due north, click immediately the RIGHT of your sorceress. This will make a long firewall that runs from the top to the bottom of the screen. If you aim it right, the enemy who is running towards you will run the entire way inside the flames, and simply get roasted alive.

9. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Firewall is also good for tri-sorc build, but those are nearly non-existant now.

10. zodwizard

zodwizard IncGamers Member

Firewall's an awesome spell I use on my single player tri-sorc (blizzard/chain lightning/Firewall).

It's at skill level 20, with 5 in Fire Mastery, and is excellent against lightening/cold immunes in Hell. The trick to using it is learning how to place it... depending on which way your character is facing. It's also handy in tight quarters... lengthwise through a narrow corridor makes the monsters walk the length of the wall, taking damage every second, killing even in Hell.

*Chrisgo USEast and West

11. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

I've learned tricks in using fire wall but you explained how it generates. Very useful. Thank you.