How are these sorceresses tanking like this?

wheel-of-doom

Diabloii.Net Member
How are these sorceresses tanking like this?

This has happened to me quite a few times now where I see blizzard sorcs tanking several whirlwinds from my barb who uses a botd warpike. I'm not sure how its possible to achieve enough life, mana, and energy shield level to take that little damage, all while keeping an ample amount of damage.

I rarely have trouble killing sorcs if I can hit them, though some light sorcs can tank well(which I can understand).

I tried working this out in a skill planner and it just doesnt seem to work. Can somebody explain this to me?

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Would be helpful if you posted your damage.

As for PhuQ's description of sorcs, those are extremely rare and it is unlikely you faced such a beastly sorc. Probably a high ES user with block chugging blue pots.

Lord Nyax

Banned
I saw a Sorc tank my Valk once...for minutes...
That may not seem like much...but when my Valk is level 52, and does an average of 3k damage PvM, so 1.5k damage PvP...1 or 2 minutes of that...is intense. My bet: they're high % ES Sorc chugging Mana Pots like it's free booze. :neener:

wheel-of-doom

Diabloii.Net Member
my barb does 2-9k, and they tend to tank consistently. One of them I fought stood still iceblasting me just playing around, I think it took 5 direct whirlwinds to kill it with 16k ar(no problem with hitting).

Ive seen like 3 of these rediculous blizz sorcs.

lendial

Diabloii.Net Member
at that level an ES their mana really becomes their life and they can just chug mana pots till their fingers run raw and bloody.

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
my barb does 2-9k, and they tend to tank consistently. One of them I fought stood still iceblasting me just playing around, I think it took 5 direct whirlwinds to kill it with 16k ar(no problem with hitting).

Get more OW.

badolzon

Banned
My sorc tanks 4-5 whirlwinds of a strong BvC

Well using Ss, Max block, alot of Fhr high Es kenesis maxed,

And alot of Mana.

Alot of potions.

Um...

WIZ?

And shako. works!