Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How are Gores on a bowzon?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Hashmalum, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Hashmalum

Hashmalum IncGamers Member

How are Gores on a bowzon?

My zon is mainly a HC FA Mavs set zon. I will be using GA for cold immunes, bosses, and to leech mana back quickly. Setup=

Weap: Mavs bow(amn)
    Armor: Mavs armor(cold facet)
    Helm: Mavs helm(cold facet)
    Ammy: Cats eye
    Rings: raven/dual leech
    belt: mavs belt
    gloves: mav gloves
    Charms: 15/18/10 anni, some res charms to max me out, and rest=dmg/life

Boots: Right now I have waterwalks for her. Would goreriders be alot better?

2. Bakerking31

Bakerking31 IncGamers Member

since ur HC i dont kno ... cause waterwalks give u a bonus to life, but on sc ladder i use gores on my zon, and it does help with killing speed alot, but it will only effect the monster the arrow hits, and im not that familiar with FA, but i think it has a radius??? ... if so then the crushing blow and stuff will only effect the one the arrow hits

3. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

Gore Riders will help with GA especially with crushing blow against bosses. Open Wounds does decent damage that can't be resisted and deadly strike combines with critical to give better chance of double damage.

4. Hashmalum

So the extra offensive benefits would be better than like 100 life id get from walks?

5. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Switch cat's eye for highlords (also 20% ias) and use that ammy with war travs. That deadly strike from the highlords and critical strike from your skills will suffice and that +15-25 war trav damage will be multiplied many times over my dex/skills/might merc. I would recommend this setup over goreriders+cat's eye.

6. Hashmalum

I was thinking that but I already barely leech enough. I need to keep bow amn'd, and I need another 20 ias for the next bow breakpoint somewhere. So if i shael bow my LL is pretty much dead.

7. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Highlords also gives 20% ias the same as cat's eye so i don't see your problem with switching.

8. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

I would go for goreriders for sure. I use them on my bowazon. Although the damage bonus's don't show in the display window you will find that you kill faster.

-Backdoor Bandit

9. himeji

himeji IncGamers Member

Iirc, the deadly strike on gore is useless for zons that already have invested in Critical Strike, because they dont stack. I assume the game take highest % of both.

10. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

No, they combine together but there is a sort of diminishing return since only one or the other can be effective.

Here is what Arreat Summit says about the situation.

Deadly Strike
    This is a chance of doing double damage. This bonus is applied after skills such as Critical Strike and any other damage bonuses. Critical Strike (CS) and Deadly Strike (DS) exclude each other.

If you have a 33% Deadly Strike item, and 68% Critical Strike Skill the complete chance to get double damage is:
    =CS + (DS/100)*(100-CS)

=68% + (33/100)*32%
    =68% + 10.56%
    =78.56%

11. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

The Mav's bow is fairly low physical damage and as some of the others have said WarTravs (if you have them) would help with your LL problem more than Goreriders where only the extra chance of DS helps leech. Goreriders and WarTravs probably do about the same extra damage to low level cold immunes but Goreriders has Open Wounds for hit and run attacks (each OW triggering does circa 230 points of damage for 8 seconds) and crushing blow really helps cut monsters with high hit points down to size. So War Travs helps more with leeching but probably doesn't help as much in "special" situations. Incidently, adding some Fine charms for +Max damage would help damage and hence leeching.

I would expect mana leech to be more of a problem than LL for a Frostmaiden. If you are using FA and Decoy you should not be getting hit much... although this is HC and I only play SC and I haven't played a Frostmaiden in Hell with all the cold immunes ... so I don't really know what I'm talking about. :lol:

12. himeji

himeji IncGamers Member

I dont use ll at all, juv pots works better for me/also faster, so I've an extra slot for ml/resist ring (nevertheless I died 2 times in hcl, due to being careless and in both situations even pots couldn't have saved me).

13. Reigns

Reigns IncGamers Member

Would it perhaps be a better idea to use a perfect skull instead of the AMN?
    I was having a bit of the same problem myself, especially with the mana leach, but at that point my bow was unsocketed. (Same basic setup) and inserted a perfect skull. It helped a lot with the mana problems - that last little bit of mana leach made a big difference. And the life leach is skimpy enough anyway that I wasn't really relying on it to keep me alive. The extra 3% made no real difference there.

Just a thought - see what others think I suppose.

14. Hashmalum

Yeah I switched to Highlords/gores, and I do double dmg almost every shot. It helped a lot I guess. my leech is only 11/11 so I have a little trouble in hell I guess, but guided fills me up fairly quickly. So I guess Im alright now.