Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How about this V/T Variant

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Perfect_11., Feb 23, 2004.

1. Perfect_11.

Perfect_11. IncGamers Member

How about this V/T Variant

OK so I like the V/T idea, but not maxing holy shock seems a little weird to me. I duel pubbly mostly and if i were to duel non-bm i would take off appropirate eq. OK so normally a V/T goes 20 foh, 10-15 conv, 20 smite, 20 fanat, 20 holy shield. I say hell with that build and take advantage of +skills. I'm going to go normal pure FoH way (20 hs, 20 holy shock, 20 foh, and 12 conv) but i will sink some points into fanat. Why u may ask would i do this? Well because on my reg Vindicator he has lvl 26 smite. Well with my 10 combats and 12 from gear i would have lvl 25 smite with 1 point. Well i'm good there. Next, the neext sinking points into fanat should get it to around 17-18 depending on how far i wanna lvl. So far, I have my old vindicator, but with awesome foh and weaker smite. But wait, since they are stacking light res, i have the upper hand. Does anyone think this is viable or am i jus a crazy mofo? Please respond with opinion.
    Gear:
    Shako ber or um
    Enigma
    Hoz w/ um
    tgods/verdungos
    Ravenfrost (2x sometimes) and bk ring
    Draculs/20 ias gloves
    Gores/waterwalks
    Maras
    hoto
    On switch: Doom/Silence phase and Eth exile kurast
    10 combat gcs 1 anni
    9 19-20 life scs

2. Halbreed7250

Halbreed7250 IncGamers Member

Where do you think you have the upper hand? I may be misunderstanding you, but When i stack LR on my v/t, my smite damage is still 2.65k and my DR only drops 16%, and my life is even higher at that point.

As far as the holy shock or conviction thing goes, I personally will never ever use conviction again in private duels (such as temple, or with experienced v/t duels) because these guys obviously know what they're doing and have stacked resists with normal gear on so your conviction is pointless, so i opt for more foh dmg from holy shock. One thing to keep in mind though is that your build will be very much more foh reliant than mine is. How much foh dmg do you hope to do? i do 2.9k avg smite damage, and 2.85-3k foh damage in my full smite vs smite gear.
    but for pubby dueling, i think at least 1 pt in convict is a must, but most often 1 won't be enough IMO, and your build i think will be very much more successful in pubbies than mine is (since i have a hugely invested zero pts into conviction :)).

3. strength_honor

strength_honor Banned

having 49% to 50% DR and 350% + LR isnt that hard for a V/T now

it you have to give up 16% DR for stack LR you better be getting 900% of them !

4. Mr.Glasscock

Mr.Glasscock Banned

What i do is stay in smite gear and just use massive lr on switch and smite with that. Their foh rarely does over 200 dmg, and thats with max conv and massive + skills I say pick either all foh and get lvl 25 conv and go read a guide, or go smite all the way, or go v/t and read one of those guides.

I never have above 30 dr and i still beat all those smiters, so i think your strong foh/weak smite build will do even less damage and you'll just end up using foh and having wasted those points in smite, fana, and hs.

5. HandofElysium

HandofElysium IncGamers Member

V/T duels end up being a smite vs smite contest the majority of the time. Also since 1.10 with improved vigor/charge a V/T can be next to you and smite you before you even attempt your first foh blast. As stated above though I can see this build more pubby stat placement but not fit for temple dueling.