How about them Lightning?

Intolerance

Diabloii.Net Member
How about them Lightning?

First place in the East and only one point behind Detroit for the league lead.

St. Loius is having an mvp season and all four lines are playing well. Khabibulin had a great game tonight with a shutout vs. Colorado. These guys are serious cup contenders.

Xoranix

Diabloii.Net Member
Intolerance said:
First place in the East and only one point behind Detroit for the league lead.

St. Loius is having an mvp season and all four lines are playing well. Khabibulin had a great game tonight with a shutout vs. Colorado. These guys are serious cup contenders.
Whoo hoo! Right on! Glad to have them dominating even moreso than last year. This is a very solid hockey team, one that the rest of the league needs to take notice of, and quickly.

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
hows Lecavelier doing? I haven't been able to keep up with hockey much at all this year, just as well since the Kings are royally screwed :king: :stoned:

alainpp66

Diabloii.Net Member
Umm, yeah. Still a Penguins Fan. Meaning I've had to ignore anything about hockey to not be horribly depressed year round.

STRAKA!! The Kings Stole STRAKA!!! Excuse me while I weep uncontrollably.

Intolerance

Diabloii.Net Member
Ash Housewares said:
hows Lecavelier doing? I haven't been able to keep up with hockey much at all this year, just as well since the Kings are royally screwed :king: :stoned:
Vinny has really picked it up after a fairly slow start. He currently has 25 goals (2nd on the team) and 26 assists. He also plays on the St.Louis line (with Fedetenko), which has been on fire. He could very well surpass his career best 34 goals set last year.

TurdFergusen said:
And Detroit got Lang. I wonder when they'll start making offers to Naslund, and Kolvalchuk.
Detroit was able to get Lang because Washington is dumping a lot of salary to rebiuild. They traded Konawalchuk to Colorado, Jagr to the Rangers, and Bondra to Ottawa before cutting Lang. They are probably looking to trade Gonchar and Kolzig as well.

Alex_Str said:
Screw the Lightning, it's all about the Sharks.

Patrick Marleau = teh superstar :D
The Sharks are indeed having a great year. They should be able to hold on to the division and start the playoffs as the #3 seed, which would definitely put them in great 1st round position (against like Nashville or LA). I haven't payed close attention to them- how they have played agaist the big boys in the west this season (Detroit, Colorado, Vancouver)?

cougar said:
Well.. three way tie with Philly and Ottawa for 1st anyways.
A tie in which they have better tie breakers (they have more wins), so they would be the #1 seed if the season ended right now.