How a single 13 year old kid can ruin your gaming experience. der=

ttd-gap

Diabloii.Net Member
How a single 13 year old kid can ruin your gaming experience.

Today after doing a bit of public dueling (which is usually more agrivating than fun) I came across an especially annoying zon. She was a a high level .09 zon who just couldn't cut it in 1.10 dueling. So instead she resorted to nking and hiding in town. After having died several times to my character several times she starts flamming racial comments and leaves. No real shock there. However shortly after I recieve constant spamming from a bot.

The account name was something along the lines of this:
*000OOO000O00rp

However blizzard was not kind enough to distinguis zero's from 'o's so squelching is impossible. I even logged on and off of battlenet which turned out to be of no use. I realize I can just press N while playing to make all the text dissapear but it quickly returns.

It seems that as long as this kid wants to run his bot I can not play on my main account. I can't think of anything to do other than hope that he has a short attention span and gets bored.

Suggestions????

Ryshenron

Diabloii.Net Member
jsut reply to the msg sayin you have his dog scruffy and if he doesnt stop scruffy is gettin locked into a freezer

Jugalator

Diabloii.Net Member
ttd-gap said:
Suggestions????
I guess the bot is whispering the spam to you?
You can enter this command: /o igw

That should ignore all whispers from people not on your friend list, which I assume the bot isn't. :) Type this to make everyone able to whisper you again: /o unigw

Maybe you need to enter it in chat and not in-game, but hopefully it works in-game anyway. I haven't tried the command myself. It's not a perfect solution since you might miss legit whispers, but it should work.

Check this page for more information:
http://www.battle.net/info/friends.shtml

xXxDraGoNxXx1123

Diabloii.Net Member
I hereby retract my previous suggestion and offer this:

Cut his testicles off. This way he can no longer breed and we won't have to chance him being able to produce like minded offspring.

Meosha

Diabloii.Net Member
But seriously though, he'll eventually give up. Until then, keep your finger on the "N" button.

Starseed

Diabloii.Net Member
xXxDraGoNxXx1123 said:
I hereby retract my previous suggestion and offer this:

Cut his testicles off. This way he can no longer breed and we won't have to chance him being able to produce like minded offspring.
And if he does, I'll eat them.

:evil:

ttd-gap

Diabloii.Net Member
Jugalator said:

That should ignore all whispers from people not on your friend list, which I assume the bot isn't. :) Type this to make everyone able to whisper you again: /o unigw

Maybe you need to enter it in chat and not in-game, but hopefully it works in-game anyway. I haven't tried the command myself. It's not a perfect solution since you might miss legit whispers, but it should work.

Ah...silence is bliss.

LOL, thanks guys. Got a kick out out of the responses.

ColorWolf

Diabloii.Net Member
ttd-gap said:
Today after doing a bit of public dueling (which is usually more agrivating than fun) I came across an especially annoying zon. She was a a high level .09 zon who just couldn't cut it in 1.10 dueling. So instead she resorted to nking and hiding in town. After having died several times to my character several times she starts flamming racial comments and leaves. No real shock there. However shortly after I recieve constant spamming from a bot.

The account name was something along the lines of this:
*000OOO000O00rp

However blizzard was not kind enough to distinguis zero's from 'o's so squelching is impossible. I even logged on and off of battlenet which turned out to be of no use. I realize I can just press N while playing to make all the text dissapear but it quickly returns.

It seems that as long as this kid wants to run his bot I can not play on my main account. I can't think of anything to do other than hope that he has a short attention span and gets bored.

Suggestions????
And don't forget to report to blizzard with a description on what he did. Whether bliz will do anything is up in the air but the worst thing to do is not report anything.

Hoyunah

Diabloii.Net Member
not relavent to d2 or anything but wut is sweetbread??
i saw in Red Dragon th hannibal lector movie
Jus wonderin wut it means

Fearox

Diabloii.Net Member
Jugalator said:

/O igw it is! I owe you big time. Didn't know about that one. :love:

JDLail

Diabloii.Net Member
Hoyunah said:
not relavent to d2 or anything but wut is sweetbread??
i saw in Red Dragon th hannibal lector movie
Jus wonderin wut it means
Cooked Testicles. No joke.

CookiesnCream

Diabloii.Net Member
xXxDraGoNxXx1123 said:
Agreed lol. People should stop bringing 1.09 characters to duels. I can kill some 1.09 zons with my pally, which is sad. Just like how some people bring mf sorcs to "pwn" you. Seriously, mf sorcs are for mfing, and not only that, they play completely defensively. Not only can I not hunt hem down because they keep teleporting away , they also keep teleporting into town when they're low on health. Defensive mf sorcs are the most annoying chars to duel against for non enigma chars. And yeah, report him to blizzard, they MIGHT do something. Just take lots of screenshots. :)