Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hotos, CTAs, Enigmas Oh My!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Smith, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Smith

Smith Banned

Hotos, CTAs, Enigmas Oh My!

Is it just me or does everyone but ME have 40 of these?

If you have one, can you tell me how you were fortunate enough to afford one?

2. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

i have ONE of each. how may u ask? cus i mf all day. or at least i used to. most people nowadays with "40" use a bot to mf for them. but thats how i got mine. mfing and good trading.

3. Smith

Smith Banned

I mf mephisto, pits, and andariel and I've only found an arachnid's mesh.

This is with 500 mf as well.

Any suggestions?

4. noogabooga

noogabooga IncGamers Member

I have 8 CoHs but I trade hard to get the runes to make them...

U need a source of item income ie. an MF character or two. I would reccommend building an mf sorc specifically for hell meph/andy/pindle runs and another mf char for regular gameplay in other areas (such as Pits and baal runs).

Once you have a constant source of income, it's then time to jump into the trade channels or use the trade forums here to get the runes you want or trade for common currency (pdscs, charms, etc..) which can later be used to trade for the runes. Does require a lot of patience and time to find the right deals.

Since most high runes are duped, they may mysteriously disappear if you leave them sitting on a char for too long. Socketing them makes sure they wont disappear. I usually obtain the socket items and the cheaper runes (eg. for CoH they are Dol, Um, Ist) first, then when the rite hi rune comes into my possesion I can socket it in a runeword straight away.

So if you set a goal to achieve and spent time mfing and trading towards that goal, then you will eventually get there :D Unless you are really lucky with ur mfing, it won't happen overnight!

5. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

I don't have 40 of each, I currently have one of each, all residing on my hammerdin at this point. I have been playing for a little more than a year and a half, and while that's not as much as other peopl here have played this game, it's still a large number. I don't mf too much. I stopped mfing completely about 3 months before 1.10 came, and have mfed a little bit recently with my hammerdin, finding nothing of any value.

I don't consider myself rich, as I have yet to get the weapon I've been dreaming of start up my 1.10 Fanatic Zealot again, an Eth BotD Zerker.

I have traded a lot, and getting good deals is mostly what my wealth is based on. For instance, I went to another trading forum where the prices are similar to those that can be found on the channels, recently. There, I sold about 10 elemental charms that I had gotten for a Zod rune earlier, for 3 ohm runes and an um rune. Just try looking for good deals, and don't be afraid to ask for too much.

Also, a friend of mine has quit a few months ago (aurashade, for those of you that remember him), giving me a lot of his items. The items were split between me and another person, and there was a lot of good stuff there, so that benefited me a lot. The moral: make good friends, because when they decide to quit (this happens a lot), they may turn towards you with their items.

6. bacchae

bacchae IncGamers Member

I doubt I'd know an enigma or Hoto if it slapped me in the face...:)

I've started MFing, but I don't seem to be having an awful lot of luck - lots of crappy rares and low lvl uniques dropping mostly.

I want to make enigma when ladder finishes, as I have a jah rune waiting back there (traded for a lvl 9 jewel), but where I'm going to get a ber from I have no clue...

7. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

Yo, I have a hoto, but here's how I did it. Only the vex is expensive right? So Suggestivename is my best friend, and he got a Gul from hellforge, and gave it to me. Half a vex! I traded a ton of NL stuff for a L Gul. Ohm, a few windforces, some fire charms, etc. Hence, I cubed a Vex, and made a HotO. Cheeeeap :) I also rolled a +39.

8. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

I have non of the the ones you mentioned. Why? Because I don't trade. I think you have to trade to get them (or you could do a lot of Hellforges with rushed mules and Countess runs).

9. PhsycoTimmay

PhsycoTimmay IncGamers Member

My story on how I traded for 2 vex's in one day, made 2 hotos, and got an enigma! (very first of neof those by the way)

Day started out normally, exept I WANTED a dang HoTo, and my friend needed an enigma. So I head of trading, with a few of his items, and a few of my items, and soon enough, I find someone wanted some of my items, and has a vex, so I eventually trade him for the vex, ok theres my first one. Now I had to make a HoTo, so I went and got all the other runes of the mule, traded 2 amns for a 4os flail, and made it (rolled a 40!!! :thumbsup: ), neways, that HoTo, went and traded for a Jah N' Ber, and I used my 3 soc superior dusk shroud to make it, turned out quite well I might add. After that, I gave that enigma to my friend. Went out trading again, made game called bring vex please, and someone finally came in, seem interested in my stuff, said he needed an occy, got my friend to bring one in, and we traded, my Occy, Shako, Dungos (crappy one) for the Vex, theres my second Vex ever. So now I go and make a second HoTo, this time putting it on my pally, now all I have to do is get 2 more enigmas!, one for me and my bro, oh and another Vex for another HoTo

The trick is, Vex is acually pretty easy to get, If you find a person that wants items instead of freakin 290s :grrr: (I hate those things), trades will be easy for you, so have some patience, and keep trying :thumbsup:

If I can trade for those things, anyone can. I was using mid-high lvl unqs to trade with btw :drool:

10. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

most of the pubby peeps u see in games with tons of these items are ebayers so yeh....

11. fatmantan

fatmantan IncGamers Member

Well as of 30 mins ago i am a proud owner of a great hauberk enigma ^_^ :clap: :clap:

That is now my claim to fame along with my 38 and 37 hotos