Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HotO Question

Discussion in 'Druid' started by furiousodn, Feb 9, 2004.

1. furiousodn

furiousodn IncGamers Member

HotO Question

After a few hellforge runs with my characters I've recently come across two Gul runes which can get me a vex. My question is would it be better for my wind druid to make HotO or use the vex in another runeword? Would it be more worthwhile to trade off for lots of equipment?

Also if I do make HotO whats the best weapon to put it in?

2. Royal_Paladin14

Royal_Paladin14 Banned

so your on ladder? i think it's really up to you what you need that's kinda of a dumb question lol. if you want hoto then make hoto if you wan botd or exile more make those if you need other stuff then trade for other stuff. if you wanna use it for max fire damage or mana leech then do it.(if ur filthy rich that is)

3. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

From a differnt angle: Look its a game. Your out to enjoy it right? Well do you enjoy your wind druid?? If you do then why not make him more enjoyable witha hoto? It will greatly increase his dmg. Not only that but a hoto will still be worth something in trade.

Also if 4 socket FLAIL is your only option.

4. furiousodn

furiousodn IncGamers Member

Ok, so now my quest for a 4 socket flail begins.

Also what do you guys consider the best merc? I only play my druid with my friend who is a fire druid so immunities shouldn't be a problem. Would Holy Freeze work well or would an act 1 rogue work better? I've heard that there is a good bow which casts amplify damage but I don't know what it is.

Thanks for the advice so far.

5. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

I think holy freeze, or defiance mercs are good all-around mercs for any character, even a wind druid.

Yes, I'd say go make that HotO, it'll be a great addition to your wind druid.

4 socket flails are fairly easy to find. Just go to the Bloody Foothills on normal mode ,and kill stuff til one drops (norm cows works great too). If you're really desperate, just take the first flail that drops from one of those areas and use a socket quest to socket it!

--fatty

6. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

Witchwild String bow.

Best mercs? You should answer your own question. Not meant as a rude response but play style matters alot. Equipment setup matters alot.

If your not good at aiming then you could get holy freeze to make them mover slower so you can spam.

If you want to kill physical immune guys or give yourself a chance to do 100% more dmg physically then go with an act 1 merc and witchwild.

If you have no problems with phys immune, aiming but do have porblems with being hit alot. Get a defiance maybe.

If you want a merc to help your summons do more dmg then get the might merc.

7. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

well if this helps any i made a HotO for my ele druid and it never really gets used b/c when im mfing i need my resist so i use wiz spike. No i dont have a crappy resist HotO its 39, but 39 compared to 75 .. yea its better. I also use a few 15 ar gcs to make sure my resist is up ... i usually do the same for pvm too .. use wiz that is, b/c of mana .... I could easily get mana if i straped on 2 sojs or other gear ... but since i constantly mf ... even if im baalin and / or what not ... my HotO just sits in my stash ... I only use it for channel gear now to be quite honest.

If that helps you then im happy ... i would only make HotO if pvp.