HOTO Problem

Mitchell

Diabloii.Net Member
HOTO Problem

I'm new on here but i haven't seen this issue addressed anywhere. When i epuipped my girlfirends sorc with a HOTO flail the Oak Sage would work fine but the ravens would last about literally 1 second. then dissapear in a flash of light. I could even spawn them near a monster and i cant remember them ever getting more than one attack if any. I haven't tried in awhile because it was such a futile effort. Does this always happen? Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Thank You.

Mitchell

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, the Ravens on Hotos are completely useless for the very reason you listed. It's a bug.
is there any move or chatter at all to fix these bugs? I ahve even heard a rumor that 1.11 is the last patch because they are finishing up Diablo 3 or because they are about to reset the ladder and any fixes will be made when that happens.

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Rumors are they have inexperienced programmers practicing on the code to fix problems, which would explain the very bad patches to fix bugs causing more bugs, however I believe the only reason they released 1.11 was to give themselves more resources for WoW. I don't believe they will touch Diablo 2 or LoD ever again unless they find a new way to screw us over - and no, I won't be buying Diablo 3.

maxusmag

Diabloii.Net Member
Ugg this is what erks me about this game and people.

I don't mean to be rude but I don't see you applying to be a programer on blizzard so I don't see how you can judge someone elses coding abilities.

It doesn't matter what game you play there are going to be bugs in the coding there is just no way to get around it.

D2 has pretty much outlived it lifetime. The only profit they made was from the sell of the game and that was it. It was really to compete with Everquest.

They have kept the servers up and running along with all the costs that are involved for free. what more do you expect. they have come out with 3 patches to this game in that time frame.

As of right now WOW is what is making them money not D2. While they do keep check on it to make sure that it is working for them to put any major resource into it would be nuts.

As for D3 if it ever comes out we will see. As I posted before guildwars is doing very very well and it is free to play as well. They have come out with 3 expansions. What hurt blizzard is that they diablo team quit, and since blizzard owns the rights there is nothing that the diablo team can do and blizzard isn't going to turn those rights over. if they hadn't left i figure we would see better stuff.

still the game is fun to play. it doesn't cost you anything so really there is should be no complaint. The game is alot better from what it use to be where people were running around with glitched swords and armour.

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
Don't bother trying to argue the point. Some people will never be happy.
while what he says is completely true, I also believe we're here to try and help one another. Not to remind them of the obvious which is the fact that d2 is an old game. Otherwise why stop at this note to remind them and not use this same logic on every note thats posted in this forum as well?

Phalmos

Diabloii.Net Member
Always nice to see blizzard's loyalty to their original fan base... Yeah, things change, blah blah blah... and the game is a lot of fun still, and I don't care if there's never another patch, but they could at least tune up the servers a little, even if just to humor us who've been playing D and D2 since they came out.

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
while what he says is completely true, I also believe we're here to try and help one another. Not to remind them of the obvious which is the fact that d2 is an old game. Otherwise why stop at this note to remind them and not use this same logic on every note thats posted in this forum as well?
Hmm, I'm not quite sure where you're coming from with this. D2 is an old game yes, and I have no problems with people coming here to post issues about bugs and what-not. If people want advice, information or clarification then everythings fine. I don't even have a problem with random, barely D2-related conversations, because that's what a forum is about.

What I (personally) don't want to see is another big argument about whether Blizzard owes us something or not (which then leads to whether or not Blizzard abandoned D2). These types of arguments never lead to anything, as neither side is going to change their mind or viewpoint. People who think Blizzard sucks will always think so, regardless of what anyone says. The same applies to the people who think Blizzard have done a good job. This has happened in the past quite abit, and we don't need another.

My response above was in direction to maxusmag's reply to Ax2Grind. I already know that Ax2Grind has no intention of budging from his point of view on Blizzard, and there's no real point in discussing the situation further with him (or anyone for that matter).