Hoto Parts Find Questions

ThePowerOfHammers

Diabloii.Net Member
Hoto Parts Find Questions

In order to make a Heart of the Oak, i need a 4 socketed flail and the 4 runes which are ko, vex, pul, and thul
I want to know where i can find all these components (monsters that have the highest chance of dropping each of these).
Btw i'm planning to find them without any mf.

Right now im thinking that i can find ko and pul in hell countess easily( i think correct me on this if im wrong)

I currently have thul. The only problem is finding a four socketed flail and vex... tell me where to find ko, vex, pul and a four socketed flail easily( if possible without trading cause i want to know what im up against)... thanx in advance

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
first, note that mf does not affect rune drops.

vex is one of the rarer runes, the others easier to find or trade. If you trade for a vex, remember that there is a high chance that it was duped so it may poof on you.

The quickest way to obtain a vex imo is to do hell forge runes. That's if you are playing on ladder. That way, you can cube your runes up to a vex. Otherwise, don't expect to make a hoto real soon. If you want to know which monster has the highest possibility of dropping a vex rune, try using the ATMA drop calculator. The link is stickied in the community forum sticky in my sig.

lonnie913

Diabloii.Net Member
do hellforge runs to get Guls. use two of those to get a Vex (with the cube). while you are doing those runs, youll probably find a ko, pul, and 4 socket flail from hellforge and other random places along the way. :lol: hell hellforge drops a rune from hel to gul. thats a 1/11 chance of getting a gul, so ON AVERAGE, it will take you 22 hell hellforges to get a Vex (statistically speaking). with 22 hell hellforges, and 22 nightmare hellforges done, its almost a certainty that you will have a pul and ko.

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
The best place to get your 4 os flail would probably be nightmare cows, since IIRC 4 sockets is the most that can spawn on an item in nightmare, and nightmare cows have a pretty decent chance of dropping a flail.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Getting the Vex can be a pain in the rear end for someone playing single player. I have cubed a few (mainly countess) and found one. The one I found was from a "corpse" when running Lower Kurast for the chests.

Getting the Pul rune could take anything from one to a thousand coutess runs, but you'll get it.

Of the things NOT to do, boss runs is the main one. If you are willing (or able) to trade, this might be a much better option.

ThePowerOfHammers

Diabloii.Net Member
oh i c...so i just get a normal flail not an exceptional or elite version like the Knout or the Scourge?

Pul i got it once in a nm forge once but i gave it away to my bro's friend but i dunt think it will prolly be a problem trying to get pul and ko...or the 4 socketed flail cause u guys just told me...im just worried about trading with ppl that have duped vexs...cause my friend's windforce disappeared from his account one time...

P.S. i saw in a website that we cant cube our way to vex in non ladder? true or false? i wonder...

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
cubing high runes are only for ladder characters. It does not work on nonladder. You can use a knout or scourge for hoto. The only difference is that the base item requirements will be higher.

jumpman8828

Diabloii.Net Member
ThePowerOfHammers said:
oh i c...so i just get a normal flail not an exceptional or elite version like the Knout or the Scourge?

Pul i got it once in a nm forge once but i gave it away to my bro's friend but i dunt think it will prolly be a problem trying to get pul and ko...or the 4 socketed flail cause u guys just told me...im just worried about trading with ppl that have duped vexs...cause my friend's windforce disappeared from his account one time...

P.S. i saw in a website that we cant cube our way to vex in non ladder? true or false? i wonder...

This shouldn't matter, just plan on getting all the pieces beforehand so when you trade for the vex, you can make your Hoto right away without leaving the game. I've heard stories of people trading for some high rune, leaving, and not finding it there in their next game. Once you put it in however, its not going anywhere.

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
duped runes can still poof on you even after they are socketed into items. I have seen it before.

Quietust

Diabloii.Net Member
mhl12 said:
duped runes can still poof on you even after they are socketed into items. I have seen it before.
True, but that only happens during a Rust Storm, and Rust Storms are few and far between.