Hoto or Eldritch?

ThuGzAnGeLs

Diabloii.Net Member
Hoto or Eldritch?

Alright, I'm making a light sorc and im wondering which one I should use between hoto and elritch.. Any suggestions? I'm going PvP.

XxTaStYBaBiEsxX

Diabloii.Net Member
Eschuta is deffinately a better choice, especially if you get a real nice 5/5 Facet to stick in there. Although you may want to look towards a Hoto if you run low on resists.

monte cristo

Diabloii.Net Member
% lightning damage from eschuta turns to be next to nothing when taking into consideration what lightning mastery already gives you. The damage will probably change by a 3-digit figure, and by that, I don't even mean >500. Hoto is the way to go in my opinion, resistances and still 40fcr.

ThuGzAnGeLs

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, im going to use CoH which gives 65 res, Maras (25), 12 res anni, sprit (dont know if it gives res), Anya quests (30res). In total it means 132 res which I think it's max in hell? Anyways keep giving your opinions. Thanks

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
ThuGzAnGeLs said:
Well, im going to use CoH which gives 65 res, Maras (25), 12 res anni, sprit (dont know if it gives res), Anya quests (30res). In total it means 132 res which I think it's max in hell? Anyways keep giving your opinions. Thanks
If you have 132 Resi, it means you have 32 All Resi in Hell. I don't know about Spirit since I'm NL.

I'd choose Eschutas over HoTo ANYDAY. Just more dam you know?

Also I'd switch from Mara's to a +3 Lightning + Life Ammy.

Eschuta + Spider + Trang Glove + Griffons + Spirit you can break the 117% Lightning FCR BP along as well as 105% original Sorc FCR BP.

As a Lightning sorc, if you're not using SS or max block, you should be focusing on pure insane damage with high FCR. Resist shouldn't matter as much as your damage in my opinion... Lightning is slow compared to FB, so to fill up the unadvantageous gap with extra damage. Quality > Quantity...

Your resist won't matter if you do over 40K per Lightning... -.-

no2fakeshakes

Diabloii.Net Member
imo HOTO definetly

life regen, this can save you in long duels

resists, you nvr have enough

oak sage more life = good

Eschutas
only plus is that extra 20% dmg and a facet/jewel

it all matters upon you, do you die faster than you can actually dmg them or do you have enough life/resists that more dmg is always better