Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HOTO, CTA & HOZ

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Babubhai, May 17, 2005.

1. Babubhai

Babubhai IncGamers Member

HOTO, CTA & HOZ

I know that you need rune words to make them. But what i dont know is which ones....

Can you tell me which runes are needed and i insert those runes in a socketed item or i put all of them in cube and then get one cube that i insert in item.

Plz help. thanks

2. front243

front243 IncGamers Member

You can find a list of runewords here:

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml

Note that some of the runewords are ladder-only. You insert the runes into the socketed item in the order written on the page in the link above. And remember it has to be a "Grey" socketed item. Magic/rare/unique items with sockets would not work.

By the way HoZ is Herald of Zakarum a unique paladin shield, not a runeword.

Hoto = Heart of the Oak
    CtA = Call to Arms

3. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

Ya, the runewords you are asking about (as well as Hoz) are pretty high-end, so don't plan on finding a Vex for Heart of the Oak any time soon, unless you play single player and make your own. I, as well as the vast majority of bnet players, have never, and probably will never, find a rune higher than Ist (Gul can come from Hellforge; you can pretty well figure that anything higher than that will NEVER fall in-game.)

That being said, it is alot easier to find items to trade for a vex than it is to find vex, so all hope is not lost. And many of the runewords that do not require high runes are extremely useful.

4. GameFellow

GameFellow IncGamers Member

Just an F.Y.I.

A HOZ (Herald Of Zakarum) Pally sheild is not really high-end. It's just a great all around sheild that has almost everything a pally needs. And because of this, it is in high demand and short supply...thus costs a lot to trade for. But it can be found easily. I found a couple doing nighmare Meph runs.

5. Elgar

Elgar IncGamers Member

depends on how you define high end. Being expensive or hard to trade for could be a good definition.

6. druliusCleaver

druliusCleaver IncGamers Member

However you define high end, Gamefellow makes a valid distinction. Being expensive and hard to trade for is not the same as hard to find in the game. If an item is not as hard to find as it is to trade for, profit lies in wait for the regular MFer.

7. Cerberus

Cerberus IncGamers Member

I realize this is starting to get somewhat OT, but the "easy to find VS High-end", deserves its own thread IMO ( I'll make 1 tomorrow if I'm not to hungover ;) ). Spirit for ist!?.. (tal-thul-ort-amn)*(hel+x)=rolls for 35fcr. <totally incorrect formula, but I hope you get my point :)