Hotkeys for charges

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
Hotkeys for charges

Hi,

is it just me, or does D2 occasionally "forget" the hotkey assigned to charges? Specifically, I assigned a hotkey to the oak sage from Nature's peace, and when I enter a new game sometimes the hotkey works, while other times I have to reassign it.

Might not do that in the future anymore, since the sage just dies all the time, and a life boost isn't very useful unless there are monsters around. Seems to have the most crappy minion AI...

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
stkrause said:
Everytime you go into the trade screen the game will forget the hotkey.
Ah :) That could be why it seemed so random --- I have two CD keys, so I frequently "trade" with a mule...

EDIT: this doesn't include the trade screens with vendors, right?

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
I guess the hotkey assignments to skill charges get geleted (not just disabled) when the item in question is unequipped (including by switching weapon+shield).

When you leave the trade screen, all your equipment will be unequipped and re-equipped. Don't ask me what happens if you can wear certain items just because of the str bug...

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
When you leave the trade screen, all your equipment will be unequipped and re-equipped. Don't ask me what happens if you can wear certain items just because of the str bug...
Lucky for me, I only tried using the Str bug once --- but found it too much of a hassle to rearrange my gear every time I entered a game.

stkrause

Diabloii.Net Member
Myrakh-2 said:
EDIT: this doesn't include the trade screens with vendors, right?
Right, only the "real" two player trade screen. The re-equip does not happen when trading with NPCs. (If you un- and re-equip the item in question manually, you will also loose the hotkey, ofc.)

*stkrause

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Because these are off-class bonuses and not charges. IMO it's a bug which means it is like that without a reason (or for a reason that is of important for debugging only).