Hot Muling anyone?

bill_n_opus

Diabloii.Net Member
Analist said:
What would be the chance of finding a second gheed?
Depends on your luck and how much you play. :thumbsup:

Personally, i've found ~ 20 or more Gheeds.

Now that i've found these many ... I just drop my current Gheeds and pick up the other unidentified one, ID it, and if it's better than my current one i'll keep it and leave the other one on the floor. I've yet to hit perfect stats on that ones that count, reduce vendor prices and MF.

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member
pharaoh said:
That's your opinion. Note I merely mentioned it, but said I don't do it. Even if I did MF like that, who are you to say I "will be banned, no question ask (sic)"? As long as people offering items don't deceive others (such as claiming a find in vanilla D2 that was really in a dropmod, or whatever), everything is cool. You should check the forum rules before you try to assume the role of the mods.

It should also be noted that many people consider hot-muling to be cheating as well, if not merely cheesy. By your reasoning, this would seem to mean you ought to be banned, because it can be assumed that your intent for hot-muling was to keep the secondary charm for MF runs- and, after all, we have you quoted as saying
1. I never said you should be banned. It is never considered cheesy in this place to use more than one gheed on same char, it is always cheating as far as I know.

2. Yes, I hot muled, but I never ever had more than one gheed on same char at any given time. In fact, my later char never used gheed, even they may find one on the way. The reason I keep more than one gheed is not MF, for MF, I have two "high" (over 30%) MF gheed, one HC (lucky drop), one SC. However, I do use anther gheed for mess gambling (20ish MF, but 15% reduce price).

3. I don't MP, neither trade.

4. Sorry for the typo I made before, I was meant to write trade/MP.

Edit2: how can I report myself?

pharaoh

Diabloii.Net Member
DeathMaster said:
1. I never said you should be banned. It is never considered cheesy in this place to use more than one gheed on same char, it is always cheating as far as I know.
My point was that this is really a matter of opinion. Game mechanically, it's no different from other muling; if you accept that one muling situation with ATMA is okay, then the other should be, as well. This is why I used the term 'cheesy' instead of 'cheating'.

If it's the old "but it isn't possible to pick up a second Gheed's in game" argument, then I'd like to point out that, without using third-party software like ATMA, it is likewise impossible to keep both charms in a single-player game- you need to pick one, and lose the other (or lose both, if you like).

DeathMaster said:
2. Yes, I hot muled, but I never ever had more than one gheed on same char at any given time. In fact, my later char never used gheed, even they may find one on the way. The reason I keep more than one gheed is not MF, for MF, I have two "high" (over 30%) MF gheed, one HC (lucky drop), one SC. However, I do use anther gheed for mess gambling (20ish MF, but 15% reduce price).
I tend to only gamble when a) starting a new character (for low-level gear when I don't have appropriate twink gear available) or b) when I have so much gold I can't carry any more, and am too lazy to visit the Bank of ATMA.

DeathMaster said:
3. I don't MP, neither trade.
I rarely MP, and I have yet to trade with any of the SPF folks. I doubt I ever will. This is due to two factors. One is that I've recently started using RTB's FE mod, and another (more important) is the fact I prefer to use self-found gear.

DeathMaster said:
4. Sorry for the typo I made before, I was meant to write trade/MP.
I figured as much. However, your post came across as a bit overly judgmental to me, so I wanted to head off turning this into another 'witch-hunt' thread. I just used your typo to press my point a little more. :)

DeathMaster said:
Edit2: how can I report myself?
Click the little 'report bad post' icon in the top-right of your post. (kidding)

Cormallon

Diabloii.Net Member
So, instead of hot muling with ATMA, you should always start an MP game instead of SP, and when your stash is full just bring in a second char with one of those MP-with-yourself methods often described here, give him all you want to mule, log out this second char and mule off him ?

A lot of discussion about ATMA goes around the argument of efford, for example the recent debate about rune cubing with ATMA. In this hot muling case, you actually don't gain much time doing it... bring in this second char and mule off him doesn't take much more time than hot muling and getting rid of the muled item and checking for accindents with ATMAs dupe detector.

AlterEgo

Diabloii.Net Member
Ah, the every-six-month-or-so ATMA hot muling discussion. ;)

Hot muling has been around for as long as the game. You just had to periodically create copies (er, I mean backups :p ) of your char files and use whatever muling process was in vogue at the time. It just happens that ATMA makes the process a bit easier.

AFAIK hot muling has always been in the "cheesy" category. In the past it was mainly used by serious MFers/grailers, but the "Greeds" charm gave everyone else a chance to become cheesy as well. :rolleyes: No one will be sanctioned for hot muling.

On the other hand, if you are found to be (ab)using ATMA's ability to load multiple Gheeds, or an Annihilus (or three) on your character - AND MP OR TRADE - you will likely be smacked by the mod stick.

pncwd

Diabloii.Net Member
AlterEgo said:
On the other hand, if you are found to be (ab)using ATMA's ability to load multiple Gheeds, or an Annihilus (or three) on your character - AND MP OR TRADE - you will likely be smacked by the mod stick.
Just curious is this a typo if not where do i get an annihilus charm at for single player I need one.

pncwd

Diabloii.Net Member
SMmmmmmmaaackk
I dont have it so you missed, LOL

and instead of wondering any more Ill leave it at that.

Hakai_no_Tenshi

Diabloii.Net Member
AlterEgo said:

Actually, this makes no difference as the game will deactivate all but one if you have multiple gheed charms. Next patch of ATMA will address this multiple loading issue.

--T

AlterEgo

Diabloii.Net Member
Hakai_no_Tenshi said:
Actually, this makes no difference as the game will deactivate all but one if you have multiple gheed charms.
That's good to know. I learn things every day here. :)

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
Hakai_no_Tenshi said:
Actually, this makes no difference as the game will deactivate all but one if you have multiple gheed charms. Next patch of ATMA will address this multiple loading issue.

--T
Dang Hakai, why'd you tell them? Here I was laughing away at anyone with an inventory full of Gheed's thinking "I am so cool with my extra 400% MF!" When in fact, they were just shooting themselves in the foot.

Ah well. It was fun while it lasted. :)

Hakai_no_Tenshi said:

--T
*laughs at h4xx0rs who have multiple gheeds on*
Anyway, pharoah, it wasnt a wirtadin it was a fartarian, silly.
So when will we expect a new ATMA to come out, and what other gossip can you give us Hakai? or is this all in the ATMA thread that i havent read for a year or so?

HBeachBabe

Diabloii.Net Member
:::::imagines Judas Priest:::::
I wanna go
I wanna go
I wanna go
Hot Mulin'!

OK, so I'm an 80's metalhead, what can I say?

HBeachBabe said:
I wanna go
I wanna go
I wanna go
Hot Mulin'!

*headbangs*
never knew you were a metal fan HBB? guess i learn something new every day about folks round here.

OpethAZ

Diabloii.Net Member
HBeachBabe said:
I wanna go
I wanna go
I wanna go
Hot Mulin'!

Got to love the 80's metal as I have Twisted Sister's Stay Hungery going on the cd player... forgot how much I really liked that cd.

Hakai_no_Tenshi

Diabloii.Net Member
farting bob said:
*laughs at h4xx0rs who have multiple gheeds on*
Anyway, pharoah, it wasnt a wirtadin it was a fartarian, silly.
So when will we expect a new ATMA to come out, and what other gossip can you give us Hakai? or is this all in the ATMA thread that i havent read for a year or so?
Well, been a bit busy with R/L so I'm not sure. I guess you'll just have to wait ;)

--T

TheNix

Diabloii.Net Member
Hot muling can also be dangerous. I recently I was Pindle running, doing the usual load, kill Pindle, S&E, mule off. Unfortunatly I forgot to close my character in ATMA, so when I got back to ATMA a warning come up - Your character was being changed do you want to update your character. I said no so it over-wrote the new run with the old run that I'd already muled from. I lost a Lightsaber that way. :mad: Although I was not hot muling it can be a problem for those with IQ's smaller than their waist measurement. :D

HBeachBabe

Diabloii.Net Member
farting bob said:
*headbangs*
never knew you were a metal fan HBB? guess i learn something new every day about folks round here.
guess you missed my album list last time.

Judas Priest was the first concert I ever saw, back in 1983 on the Defenders of the Faith tour.

Note that when I say "metal" I mean it the way it was used 20 years ago - Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Blue Oyster Cult, Aerosmith, Thin Lizzy, Uriah Heep, Black Sabbath, and the NWOBHM bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Tygers of Pan Tang, Saxon and the like.

sorry for the hijack. please return to your previously scheduled hot muling

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Hakai_no_Tenshi said:

--T
Thanks Doc. But I remember someone here said the reduce price mod does stack with multi gheed. Well, I could not test the MF, but I could test this, I will let you know the result.

DeathMaster said:
Thanks Doc. But I remember someone here said the reduce price mod does stack with multi gheed. Well, I could not test the MF, but I could test this, I will let you know the result.
Tested and having 2 gheeds on there indeed lowered the prices by 30%.