Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HoS...need a quikie fav

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Xiamet, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

HoS...need a quikie fav

HoS.., and anyone else who feels like contributing...

I think I saw you once post a Venomancer/Summons build...or was it Venom/Bone? Anyways...if you could repost this build with some tips/suggestions for strategy and gear...I'd greatly appreciate it...

I may actually make this char on US West ladder if possible, but i'd like a little more info before I do.

Thanks much in advance,

-X

2. SoulTaker

SoulTaker IncGamers Member

i made a poisen summen build and to tell you the truth i didnt like him, i think i just like summing or casting not both, you gotta have a taste for it...
    i think he was something like this
    20 skel mastery
    20 skells
    1 revive
    20 poisen nove
    20 poisen dagger
    1 clay golem
    1 golem mast
    1 summen reist
    1 LR curse
    1 amp
    1 Decrip

and for equip trangs is good...cuz u dunt have to worry bout fcr with poisen not stacking,
    or use bramble shako, trang shield belt gloves, deaths web or white wand if u can find one...

i belive HOS build had 1 skel mastery and more poisen synergies...i think it depends if you wantmroe poisen damge or my skell dmg,

hope i helped...later dood

3. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

I first started out as a wannaby Summoner, and pit 1 into Skeleton Mastery and got Raise Skeletons to where I had about 6-7 killing for me(with a +3 raise skeleton on beginner wand).

It made leveling alot easier(to me) as a Summoner.

Then focused on my Poison skills. After they was done, finished off Skeletons and then Skeleton Mastery.

I ended up with:
    all posion skills maxxed

1 into all Curses(except last 2 on left side)

Skeletons(and working on rest of Mastery) maxxed.

I find my +skills is more than enough for Skeletons, but I figured more damage can't hurt..so Mastery it was.

Basically, after Poison and Curses are taken care of..your ready for duels(though I don't) and needed to spend rest of my points somewhere.

Message me X, and I'll help you.

HoS

4. Sir kul

Sir kul IncGamers Member

That seems nice, do you own Hell with that kind of build? I was also interested in this kind of build so could you perhaps tell what equipment you're using? also, is full tran'gs suitable for that kind of build? thanks.

5. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

I feel a guide coming on...;)

No, but what HoS said is probrably the best course to take for building a Poison/Skele, with Soultaker making note of how you can go all poison or lean more on skeletons. (Poison probrably a better option.)

The one fallback, in my eyes, of a poison based necro build is the near requirement of certain key peices of equipment.

Listed in order of relative scarcity and importance to the build:

-Trang's gloves (for +25% poison skills damage)
    -2 other Trang peices (1 must be the sheild) for the partail set bonus of -25% enemy resistance
    -Death Web Elite wand (for up to -50% enemy poison resistance)
    -Bramble armor (for up to +50% poison skills damage)

I would build a poison skele in a hard beat (and will eventually :) ) but it would pain me not to have Trang's belt, sheild and Death's web for my character though...The undead, and certain posion immunes in hell, are a pain in the *** without the -enemy resistance stuff.

Full Trang's, with a A Death's web wand especially, is a very good choice for Poison/Skele, allthough your skeletons will respect you less...for looking weird.;)

6. Sir kul

Sir kul IncGamers Member

hey thanks for that bit of info.

7. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

No problem man. :buddies:

8. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

Thanks much for the info guys...

I think this is the setup I want to go with...trouble is...do I start anew on us west...where I have nothing ..or start this build on us east, where i have some gear that would help jump start this char.

HoS I'd come running to west and join you guys if y'all can help a po' lil' broke a$$ newbie nec with only a chicken bone to his name.

I need to figure out the time difference between us west and east because i'm not playing at 3 am when you all are just signing on...lol. This lil' necro needs his beauty sleep.

I'll message you HoS when I set up accounts and such...k?

-X

9. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

P.S. HoS....main reason i'm thinking of going venom/Summon is for a viable Pitrunner...will this build do it? Need to be able to some find items so I can start my reign of terror on US West ladder...

-X

10. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

I'm sure you won't much of a problem starting out on west if you can arrange the time. I have a freind who mfs like crazy and is always giving good stuff away, when he plays. I'll have a good mfer set-up pretty soon myself, and I'll definitely be happy to help ya out as much as I can with new stuff. I'm not rich though.:)

As for pit running...I don't know...some people have said they like pit running with a poison mancer but I don't think it wise. Poison attacks are largely item based, and there are alot of undead in the pit too (all those skeletons)...You could try it, I haven't tested that much yet.

My skele/ce mancer does good in the pit if I can manage not to get lag killed.
    I do not like mfing with out teleport much though (takes alot longer)...Enigma would be nice..

Poison/skele is a really good char to safely help others through norm an nm though, I know that.:)

11. SoulTaker

SoulTaker IncGamers Member

to tell you the truth now that i think about it, hos build is better becuase my poisen dmg blew,it was like being in hell with just skells and nuthing else..
    take the poisen road dood~ =D

12. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

I'm either going with a Poison/summons build for Pitruns, or a Teeth setup...problem is...both builds seem to be item dependent...which leaves less room for +MF gear. mayve I should just go with a Skelemancer instead...though I hate the less interactiveness of being what I call a 'desk jockey general' than say, spamming poison novas or bones.

-X

13. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

I rock in the Pits,i could do them in about 5-6 minutes...but enjoying killing everything too much.

Norm and NM rushes are too easy...only problem in hell is acts 4-5 with those gloams and the relatives in it. NorM ancients is only 1 PN and NM is only 2-3 mostly(depending om what the barbs have).

My gear just depends on what I like to do really...I never really got into PvP. But mostly it's:

Bramble
    Shako(4/5 facet)
    Death's Web(5/5 facet)
    Trang's Claws, Belt, and Head(perfect Diamond)
    Carrion Wind/Soj
    StormTreks(no feature here)
    +2 Cures(with teleport Ammy)
    I don't have any P/B Charms yet

max poison damage is over 7100.

Alot of fun to play...in my opinion.

Just message me *DeadFukker

HoS