Horadric Malus quest

McGruber08

Diabloii.Net Member
From what I remember she imbues a weapon to RARE status. Any reason I should hold onto this and save it or should I just use it up knowing I'll get better items later anyway?

hackedagainanda

Diabloii.Net Member
The reward from Charsi can help a character just starting out or once you find them items with a high ilvl like boots or diadems can roll with incredibly good stats. Its up to you in the end. I personally save it for diadems but that is just me.

WoRG

Diabloii.Net Member
Imbueing staffmod itamz (scepters, staffs, wands, orbs, necro heads, barb & druid helms, elite and some exceptional assassin claws) gives a very substantial bonus to both the number of skills and the level of bonus for staffmods, especially with higher-level characters.

I usually save my imbues for these...or for ethereal dimensional blades, hoping for a godly roll that could be upped into an indestructible eth Phase Blade...

WoRG

Jocular

Diabloii.Net Member
In my opinion, it's best used on items you can't gamble for. I'm another one who uses them only for eth dimensional blades, though I also imbue eth polearms for my maul druid.

Kartongen

Diabloii.Net Member
Out of curiosity, is there any reason you imbue dimentional blades over crystal swords? Does the qlvl matter in imbueing? I was under the impression only the clvl mattered.

And to aswer your question @McGruber08, I usually save them for "later levels", and then end up never using them. I would not reccomend this method, as it is arguebly the worst one. ;)