hoping for 5 sockets

Cole Virus

Diabloii.Net Member
hoping for 5 sockets

I found a low quality zerker axe while running Nihlathak. Cube-fixed it and now am wondering how many sockets Larzuk would give it. Any clues anyone?

Cole Virus

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the reply guys. And the link as well. It's now on my favourites list so I will look up answers myself for similar situations.

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Is that so?

I thought resetting the ILvl to 1 was as if a MLvl1 had dropped it. I was also told monsters in normal can drop no higher than three-socketed items. So, do all inferior weapons get four or is it certain ones (could've sworn phase blades got three)?

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh, well...

Frosty_The_Snowman said:
The mentionned numbers are the maximum available on a given item, but of course they still can spawn with less sockets.
So there's no hard and fast rule, just the list? Ugh, guess I'll have to go back over all the socketables I have stored up. Hope I can get back online soon.

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
Ax2Grind said:
I thought resetting the ILvl to 1 was as if a MLvl1 had dropped it. I was also told monsters in normal can drop no higher than three-socketed items. So, do all inferior weapons get four or is it certain ones (could've sworn phase blades got three)?
It is like if a mlvl 1 monster dropped it. However, items dropped in Normal has an additional cap at 3 sockets (and it´s 4 in Nightmare).

That sockets list above is correct. 'Normalized' inferior Phase Blades do have a maximum of 3 sockets. Ilvl 1 maxes can vary from 1-5.
Examples: Daggers have 1, Runic Talons have 2, Phase Blades have 3, Berserker Axes have 4, War Staves have 5.

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Answer and question

zarfen said:
is that table for the larzuk quest?
Larzuk always give the ILvl maximum, but the cube recipe can give anything up to the ILvl maximum for non-superiors. Since we're talking about tempering items, that means inferiors, which can't become superiors, so the list is for any method of socketing. It simply shows the maximums for various ILvls of each item, not the absolute maximums for an item type.

I still don't see how some of those elites can be below ILvl25, but not be ILvl1. Maybe they just threw those in for consistency?