Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HoneyMoon Ideas?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by toader, Feb 18, 2004.

1. toader

toader Banned

HoneyMoon Ideas?

As some of you know, Im engaged to be married Oct 2.

Now, being that I am the groom...the honeymoon is my resposibility. Im trying to kinda keep it a secret from my fiance as to surprise her. I need to probably book something pretty soon (within 2 months), to get a decent rate. I have already thought of a cruise, or possibly disney world. My budget will be around $1000, hopefully less.

Do any of you folks have some ideas of cool places to go for a honeymoon around that budget?

2. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

Wow... congrats. I´ve totally missed that you were getting married.

I don´t think I´d go for Disneyworld if I was you. I´ve never been there ofcourse, but I must say that the last thing I think of when I hear "Disneyworld" is romance.

3. TheOgreMan

TheOgreMan IncGamers Member

Easy. Follow these steps:

1. Buy her good life insurance, pay the first month. $125
    2. Buy you roundtrip airfare to the Swiss Alps. $200
    3. Buy her a one-way ticket to the Swiss Alps. $100
    4. Push her off a mountain.
    5. Fly back, collect insurance.

See? Nice honeymoon, you get a big pay out, and I saved you $100 on airfare.

*Note: All prices are fictional and I do not endorse these events. In fact, go with a cruise, that is probably better and you would have a great time. Catch a fish, go snorkling, leave your blankets as seldom as possible. Propegate.

4. Munch

Munch IncGamers Member

Oooh, I'd shy away from a cruise, especially with the mess that was going on last year on cruise ships - bacterias, diarhea, extreme sickness, etc. Combine that with the off-chance of motion sickness, and you have a very un-romantic honeymoon.

Early October... Where are you located? Maybe a New England B&B for the autumn color changes? Mexico for the warm beaches (Mexico is fairly inexpensive, and there are great packages)?

5. toader

toader Banned

Thanks Dross.

Ogre...you have a sick and twisted mind, lol.

Regarding disney world. I have heard it can be romantic. The romance happens at the very nice over priced restaurants and hotel rooms. The time of year we'd be going would be relativly child free...or at least less of them. Buts its a pro-active vacation. Meaning during the days your hiking about doing things.

I kinda liked a cruise because it was a pro-relax vacation. Just sit and hang out and do nothing if you want, or do cool things that the ship offers on its stops. I hadnt heard about this thing of people getting sick on cruises, that kinda worries me.

Im located in Oklahoma, but that doesnt really matter, we can travel anywhere.

6. TheOgreMan

TheOgreMan IncGamers Member

Toad, I'm an ogre; what else could you expect? Besides I mean it all in fun.

Honestly, though, I still think that a cruise would be the best bet. They are cheap right now ($300 for 4 days, 5 nights) so that $400 or so you save can be put to additional things like massages, lingerie, or over-priced fancy dinners.

Wish you well in your marrage, dude.

7. Sergeant

Sergeant IncGamers Member

A cruise. You can usually get a cruise deal for about 500 a person if you hunt around a bit. This would be one of the 4 day 5 night deals. That USUALLY doesn't include airfare or transportation to the port. Usually you can get a shuttle once you get into the city it departs from but you have to get yourself there, unless it's included in the price.

I, however, would not keep it a secret from her. A honeymoon is something you both want to enjoy. Unless you are very certain your choice would be loved by her, I would include her a little. Maybe just ask her to list some places she'd like to go for a honeymoon or the sort of things she'd like to do.

From there you can make most of the plans in secret and she'll only have a vague idea of what you MIGHT be doing. Everyone wins.

By the way. Not to steal any of your thunder but, I'm getting married on Saturday. Yes, mucho excitedness happening. Now for some appropriate smileys: :drool: :flip: :yep:

8. festers50

festers50 IncGamers Member

My congrats to both toader and Sergeant. :clap:

I"m sure you young guys will find a way to make anywhere romantic. :yep:

At my age, I"d send the wife on a cruise and I"d go to Disney World :drink: