Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Homonoc. worth a Lightsabre?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Jay20016, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Jay20016

Jay20016 IncGamers Member

Homonoc. worth a Lightsabre?

Well, after about 100 various MF runs, I had yet to stumble upon this wonderful Unique Necro shield. I gave up looking for it, and decided that I may have to do what I never do... trade for it.

I'm not a big trader, very rarely will I venture to that realm of DII and I'm kind of out of the loop on what is considered a good trade or is useful.

I wound up starting a game entitled Plz Brg Homonc and low and behold a few started showing up, I offered quite a bit. Lightsabre, +3 skill ammys for all classes, Unique Armors, rare Set items, etc. though no one was taking any of it seriously. I know the shield has some worth now, but I didn't think that what I was offering was terribly worthless.

Anyway, I meet up with a guy who has one Umed so I'm in heaven (saves me from using my rune and a socket quest) he wants a String of Ears (quite low only 5% leech and 13% DR) and the Lightsabre(which was also on the low-end). I agree to the trade, and my Necro is finally complete on equipment. Woo-Hoo! :)

Now, my question. Is that a terrible deal on US-East Expansion Non-Ladder? I've got 3 Lightsabre's including that one I traded and about 5 String of Ears, so I'm not exactly now hurting afterwards, but did I get jipped or should I just be happy with a complete Necro?

I'm not too worried about it, as I've got tons of other items on Mules, but just wondering if I gave an amazing deal away and essentially looked like a n00b.

Also, the final gear for my MF Summon Necro is this:

Helm: PTopazed Shako
    Armor: Skullder's
    Boots: 50% War Travs
    Belt: Goldwrap (Upgraded)
    Gloves: Chancies (40% - Upgraded)
    Rings: 34%MF///SoJ
    Ammy: +2 Necro Skill +5% Mana Leech
    MF Weapon: AliBaba With 1 Ist(Looking for 2nd)
    MF Shield: Rhyme in a Overseer Skull with various +skill to Bone Armor, Spear, etc.
    Buffing Wep: Arm of King Leoric
    Buffing Shield: Homonclus

Plus 3 grand charms with +1 to all of the skill trees.

I believe that with my MF charms it puts me at about 500(maybe more once I get the 2nd IST)

All of those items with the exception of the Homonclus were found by me, so how does it look? I'm happy with it. :)

2. Dark Knight

Dark Knight IncGamers Member

SOE and Lightsabre for an UM Homunc is quite a fair deal in my opinion...

3. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

Well, I traded an UM rune for a PDiamond Homunculus about 2 months ago. I tend to trade toward the generous side, so that's a bit overpriced, but not a steal. I think a String and a Lightsabre is a fair trade, especially if both of you are getting what you need.

My MF Summoner necro looks similar, but as I'm hardcore, I have a few changes. I use Marrowwalk and Trangs Gloves (though I do use the harlequin crest and skullders). Also, as soon as I find a 15% Tal's Belt, I'll use that over the Goldwrap. I think 15% MF is worth giving up for the extra dex so I can keep my max block.

4. Jay20016

I hear you on that, but I'm becoming a big fan of the 475% more gold that I get from the AliBaba, Chancie, and Goldwrap combo. Makes it quite easy to Gamble a few rings/Amulets with the massive amounts of money even the Act1 monsters drop.

The Homonc. has done wonders for my resists pulling them out of the Negatives so that all are residing at about 10. Not great, but definitely better than -70. :D

5. (dr)

(dr) IncGamers Member

that is an excellent trade IMO.

6. Cold493

Cold493 IncGamers Member

Good trade. People on D2 seem to be dicks nowadays thinking that they can trade a homunculus for a soj or something ridiculous like that. I gave mine away to the necro fund since I didnt need it :). Anyways ya that was a sweet deal. The best trades are ones your happy with.

7. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Yep, you made a very good trade.

HoSv1

8. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

excellent deal IMO :thumbsup:

--fatty

9. Jay20016

Yeah, I couldn't believe that people were asking for the Lightsabre, a 3 skill ammy, and then something else (namely Que-Heagens). Some people are just skewed and must be rooted in some other reality, as there is no way I'd trade that much stuff for 1 shield that wasn't even socketed...

Most Diablo people >= Lame

10. goofycaca

goofycaca IncGamers Member

Trading is about what you and they need. Just the other day I traded three PDiamonds for goldwrap and Smoke runeworded elite armor. I offered for diamonds but he only needed three, suggesting to me it was for a shield. I still have plenty of PDiamonds and he still had plenty of good armor. I'm sure that others were asking for way too much to give up PDiamonds and he was the one that offered the armor and the belt.

I think that I got the good end of the deal but afterwards he said thank you. As long as both are happy then it's a good trade.

11. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

I did basically the same thing today...a Assassin was looking for a bartuc's...and though he didn't have much to offer...just gave it to him...was worth it just to see thank you before he left.

Wish there was more people like that around battle net.

HoSv1

12. Jay20016

Yeah, it is nice when you see some good people on the realms. The thing that really gets me though, is some of the annoying people are probably nice in real life, just having an aninimity trip where they think they can be like:

OMG:!!!!!!11one [email protected]

I wouldn't mind playing with some of you guys, if you're ever on US-East NL expansion, give me a whisper. *jay20016

13. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

Sometimes you need to be careful about who you just give out free items to though. I went into a random NM questing game and dished out some freebies. Some guys got pissed that they didn't get anything (there char types wouldn't have made use of the stuff I was giving) and after I left the game I got msged by people begging for an item or more items. Very irritating.

However, what makes it worthwhile is the gracious people that say thanks and genuinely seem to appreciate it. I gave some guy a Lightsabre/Tgods for free since he was complaining about getting killed by Trappers. He was so happy he offered to rush any character of mine in NM or Normal, since he couldn't do hell. Didn't need a rush, but its still nice to see someone like this on bnet.

14. spencert

spencert IncGamers Member

UM alone is worth the trade. Strings are not what they were worth in 1.09 and I sell lightsaber to NPCs nowadays... no space to stash and no one to give too...