Home Run Derby

PatMaGroin

Diabloii.Net Member
Home Run Derby

Did anyone else see Bobby Abreu belt out 24 homers? He's the first guy out of the box. That's crazy. And its not just the bat, because he broke it when he hit his 21st, and not shattered, but it looked like he had been beating a pole with it or something.

Thats insane, I believe thats a single round record. It took him like 17 minutes to do that. The previous high was like, 13, perhaps a tad more if I recall correctly.

Abreu had 18 homers coming in to the All Star Break, and he passed it in one night. Crazy.

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
I always liked Abreu from his old Astros days when they had too many outfielders and they stuck with Hidalgo and let Abreu go, he's had some kind of career in Philly since and I figured he'd do well, he was one of my favorites to win this thing but... dang, didn't see that coming, old record was 15 by Tejada last year, and the total record is 27 so that's gonna go too

I hope Choi does ok

PatMaGroin

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah that sucks about Halladay. He could've been a starter too.

Abreu finished with 41, shattering Tejadas mark of 27.

Also, David Ortiz broke Tejada's old record of 15 in the first round also, with 17, not that it mattered, as he was knocked out in the semis.

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
memememe173 said:
The whole All-Star experience is kinda dead for me this year, as I mourn Halliday.
our whole team is injured, most importantly Gagne gone for the year

so... stop *****ing