Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Holyfire synergy?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Zenkat, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

Holyfire synergy?

I began making a holyfire paladin, and using its synergies. I then decided to try for a Hand of Justice phase blade as his end all weapon. Well, considering that it has level 14 holyfire on it already, i was curious if the same type of synergy bug people take advantage of in marrowwalk, would work similar with HoJ.

What im basically asking is, if i put zero points into holyfire and let the sword do that skill for me, then add points to resistfire and salvation, will it boost the swords holyfire skill as if it were my own?

Hard to test, but it seems since i have holyfire already maxed that it currently doesnt use my synergies when i let the sword take over, so im wondering if "not" having holyfire "would" let the synergies work....

Any insight on this would be awesome. If it does, then i gotta remake my silly paladin.

2. Armor_Biff

Armor_Biff IncGamers Member

Yes, the synergies will work and its not a bug.

3. Zavior

Zavior IncGamers Member

it only works if there are charges on item...

4. Zavior

Zavior IncGamers Member

And, it wont work as "lv 16" synergy, its not cross class skill.You will get synergy bonus, but its capped something like 4 or 3.

5. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

What im asking is backwards from what is normally done (using charged items to synergize already used skills). I really cant figure out if maxing "resist fire and salvation" will increase the damage of the Level 14 holyfire given on the Hand of Justice sword, if i dont put any points in Holyfire myself. I have honestly no idea if it will work, and i dont really feel like making a level 66 character just to check if it does or not.

6. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

It is not capped at 3 or 4, you get the full slvl 14. Except if you make a holy fire paladin, its better to just invest in all synergies and skills for holy fire, as it is quite weak on the sword alone with just that level, and if that is your main attack, lots of +skills, -fire resist, +fireskill, would be better. Also, the higher skill level takes over the lower skill level, so if you have slvl 20 holy fire, it will override slvl 14 holy fire on the weapon. btw yiou will get the full effects of the synergies on the sword without investing a point into the holy fire skill. I will further test this on single player at home.