Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Holy-Trinity Ranger, so cool!

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Mudbane, May 16, 2005.

1. Mudbane

Mudbane IncGamers Member

Holy-Trinity Ranger, so cool!

Good day to y'all.
    I've been reading through some Ranger guides and threads and I've found these buggers quite interesting.. But.. As always, there has been alot of questions piling up, so here's a few:

1. I just started a HCL Ranger, my first HC character. The problem that follows is that, after some reading, I've managed to make up the concept that this would be extremely hard, because of the fact that I'm starting from scratch, am I right? I was thinking about "trading myself up" 'til I'd have got enough gear for a Holy-Trinity Ranger, as these seem to be quite viable and fun.. But then again, this seems as a long shot, seeing as the HC trading market isn't that active. (Correct me if I'm wrong). These things stated, is it just better for me to delete "YouHaveMyBow" and start a SC Ranger or just another type of HC char?
    2. Could someone give me a rough estimation over how expensive a SC Holy-Trinity Ranger would be (f.e. in Ists or HR's)?
    3. Could someone out there share some thoughts over a Holy-Trinity Ranger, someone who's actually made one. Was it a fun build to play? Difficult? What level did you reach? Was he viable in Hell? Did you die alot?

Now, all help is greatly appreciated and everyone feel free to put in his or hers own 2 cents regarding Holy-Trinity Rangers :thumbsup:

- Mud

2. koeraokse

koeraokse IncGamers Member

WTH is a holy-trinity ranger?

:cheesy:
    *priit

3. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

tri elemental ranger if I am not mistaken, it has dream, ice bow, and dragon armor to give 3 auto auras, then you add a full conviction aura and points to each resist aura for synergies.

They are not as strong as a fire/cold ranger or a storm ranger, in all actuality they are rather weak since you can't get the power you need through the lower auras. It's much more effective to work with 2 auras.

You could possibly build a storm ranger with dragon armor and HoJ bow for a tri elemental ranger that switches between fire/cold and fire/shock.

As for cost of such a build I have no clue, things fluctuate far too much for me to keep track of. Building yourself would be an amazing feat considering the runes needed.

4. Mudbane

Mudbane IncGamers Member

Alright, thanks alot for replying, was growing anxious already :p ´
    If that's the case, what kind of Ranger is the most powerful/hell viable? The fire/cold ranger? And.. do you think this type of build is doable HCL from scratch?

- Mud

5. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hmm i have been looking at the Harmony runeword and a fanatic-summoner ranger using a -10 bow could be firing rather fast and have valk + revives pumped up by fan aura and possibly a might merc :p Maybe a Stone armor and clay golem to tag along and a Bloodmoon elegant blade as a prebuff for it hehe It also has some nice elemental dmg on that r/w so a conviction aura ranger could work as well i think. The problem is mana for reviving 20 monsters and this could be solved by employing a might merc using an Insight polearm or simply have mediation aura as a utility aura to regenerate mana hehe. Gee that tri-elemental ranger sure is expensive to make :(

6. Mudbane

Mudbane IncGamers Member

batuchka, that sounds very interesting.. I'll have to read some more and get to know the different aspects of a Ranger abit better it seems.. And yeah, that holy-trinity ranger sure is a expensive build, I guess I'll just skip that one :p

- Mud

7. JanusJones

JanusJones IncGamers Member

I've all ready posted on this at length.

See here :thumbsup: