Holy Shi.....

Underseer

Diabloii.Net Member
The terrible irony of all this is that the purpose of that ritual is to demonstrate that small actions by a large number of people add up to big results.

Looks like the lesson was a little too clear this year. My condolences to the families. :(

Drosselmeier

Diabloii.Net Member
Unfortunately, this happens every couple of years. I think it´s probably the natural consequence of gathering a huge mass of people in a cramped area like that. They should work out some sort of safety routine like the ones at concerts these days. It´s probably hard to do that without interfering with the religious practice though.

Without having read the artricle you linked and only looking at the link itself I´m guessing you´re talking about the stampede at Mecka... if not, disregard this post.

Corneo

Diabloii.Net Member
Didn't something like this happen every year? Few years back a tent camp caught on fire and soon spread to the entire camp.

Underseer

Diabloii.Net Member
Didn't something like this happen every year? Few years back a tent camp caught on fire and soon spread to the entire camp.
Not quite every year, but often enough that one has to question whether the Saud family are the right people to be administering Mecca and Medina.

piff

Diabloii.Net Member
Why do the people stampede....my brain isn't fuctioning if I missed it in the article.