Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Holy Freeze Zealot: Is 5 frames acceptable?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Har-Megiddo, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Har-Megiddo

Har-Megiddo IncGamers Member

Holy Freeze Zealot: Is 5 frames acceptable?

I got a stormlash and have a 40/15 helm, which gives me 5 frames (-10 with 45 ias). 5 frames is 5 hits per second. Problem is, it takes insane ias to hit the next breakpoint, so much it would compromise the build and I doubt I could hit it even then. So the question is, as a Frost Zealot, focusing on crushing blow (33 from stormlash, 15 from gores, 35 from orphan's call helm), and speed, is 5 frames acceptable?

edit: 142% is the amount of ias i need on a base weapon of -10 (scourge). I get 30% from the stormlash itself. Without fanat, how would I be able to hit it and not completely suck?

2. moi

moi IncGamers Member

a lot of ways, but here are a few thoughts:

ias jewels in crown of ages
    ias jewels in black hades
    sigon's gloves + boots
    nos coil
    highlords
    cat's eye
    shael in weapon

however, it may not be worth it. i personally can't live without 4frame zeal, but that's just preference.

3. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

I think that with the Freezing factor of Holy Freeze a 5 frame Zeal would be much more acceptable then say on a Telsadin

It is not worth getting 4 frames if it makes you too weak to do much, better to stay with 5

4. Any1

Any1 Banned

I have a clvl 91 Frost Zealot, who only attacks at 5-frames. In PvM, it shouldn't be a problem at all.

5. Kitriara

Kitriara IncGamers Member

First off, I think its awesome that you have such nice equipment; 83% crushing blow is killer. Secondly, dont change anything... 5 frames is more than fine for a PvM Frost Zealot... monsters are so slowed that you already have a great advantage as far as landing hits.

Props on going for the cold, have one on me :drink:

6. Har-Megiddo

Update: Now that I hit 82 and I can wear all my gear, I must say: the build OWNS even at 5 frames. With the stormlash's static and the crushing blow kicking in a lot, in hell the baal groups are down to half life (it's always fun to static baal yourself) after like 2 full zeals and whoever I was pounding on is dead. Dmg with stormlash @ 82 with the offensive HF build (i am working on sacrifice, then im done) is about 1.5k-4.5k, 5 frames, 83% crushing blow, high slow from aura. :)

Also, in many baal run games there's normally a zealot with fanatacism, and that kicks me up to 4 frames.

I must note tho, that Jah in the weapon for ITD seems almost a necessity. You need to always hit if you want the hard hitting monsters to go down fast.

7. Kitriara

Kitriara IncGamers Member

That is awesome man! If I may ask what level do you have Holy Freeze up to and how much of that damage is pure cold?

8. Har-Megiddo

Lvl 25 Holy Freeze, max Resist Cold, max Salvation: 1485-1511 Cold dmg.