Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Holy Freeze, Might, Defiance - Merc Questions!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Malgor, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Malgor

Malgor IncGamers Member

Holy Freeze, Might, Defiance - Merc Questions!

Okay I'm confused as to how to tell which merc is which.

Which acts have which mercs?

Fire Arrow, Cold Arrow (act I - we know what these do), Holy Freeze, Might and Defiance (act II - They say offensive, defensive, and combat, so confused on these), Lightning, Cold (act III - I am assuming these are casters), and finally in act V there just seems to be named Barbies.

My sorc has a CL84 defensive Merc who can tank most all solo in NM, and has leveled up with her - with 75 to all resists, and about 3000 defense and 1800 life.

My new 42 Hammerdin (gonna be my main MF character) has a level 40 Offensive Merc, but he doesn't seem to do much (but die).

Thanks in advance for answering this question that has been confusing me for awhile.

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Act 2 mercs...

Normal/Hell

Offensive: Blessed Aim
    Defensive: Defiance
    Combat: Prayer

Nightmare

Offensive: Might
    Defensive: Holy Freeze
    Combat: Thorns

All other mercs are fairly self-explanatory when you hire them. You should probably never use Act 3 mercs anyway since Rogues are so much better :)

3. Malgor

Malgor IncGamers Member

Thanks for the quick reply. What would be best for my Hammerdin (MF build) and my Druid (ww build)?

4. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

I'd suggest a Holy Freeze merc for your Hammerdin (to keep the monsters away from you) and either a Fire Rogue or a Might merc for your Druid, either as ranged support (to deal with Oblivion Knights and other dangerous foes) or just to make you more powerful.

Of course that's just my opinion, it depends on your playstyle which you prefer :)

5. Malgor

Malgor IncGamers Member

Thanks again! I'll try that. If you check this post again what would be good for a skellimancer?

6. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Lots of choices for a Skellimancer - Thorns for damage return, Might to improve their damage, a Fire Rogue to deal with Oblivion Knights... personally I'd suggest a Might merc, but again it's down to playstyle.