Holy Freeze, Might, Defiance - Merc Questions!

Malgor

Diabloii.Net Member
Holy Freeze, Might, Defiance - Merc Questions!

Okay I'm confused as to how to tell which merc is which.

Which acts have which mercs?

Fire Arrow, Cold Arrow (act I - we know what these do), Holy Freeze, Might and Defiance (act II - They say offensive, defensive, and combat, so confused on these), Lightning, Cold (act III - I am assuming these are casters), and finally in act V there just seems to be named Barbies.

My sorc has a CL84 defensive Merc who can tank most all solo in NM, and has leveled up with her - with 75 to all resists, and about 3000 defense and 1800 life.

My new 42 Hammerdin (gonna be my main MF character) has a level 40 Offensive Merc, but he doesn't seem to do much (but die).

Thanks in advance for answering this question that has been confusing me for awhile.

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
Act 2 mercs...

Normal/Hell

Offensive: Blessed Aim
Defensive: Defiance
Combat: Prayer

Nightmare

Offensive: Might
Defensive: Holy Freeze
Combat: Thorns

All other mercs are fairly self-explanatory when you hire them. You should probably never use Act 3 mercs anyway since Rogues are so much better :)

Malgor

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the quick reply. What would be best for my Hammerdin (MF build) and my Druid (ww build)?

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd suggest a Holy Freeze merc for your Hammerdin (to keep the monsters away from you) and either a Fire Rogue or a Might merc for your Druid, either as ranged support (to deal with Oblivion Knights and other dangerous foes) or just to make you more powerful.

Of course that's just my opinion, it depends on your playstyle which you prefer :)

Malgor

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks again! I'll try that. If you check this post again what would be good for a skellimancer?

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
Lots of choices for a Skellimancer - Thorns for damage return, Might to improve their damage, a Fire Rogue to deal with Oblivion Knights... personally I'd suggest a Might merc, but again it's down to playstyle.