Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Holy Freeze Merc?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Resipsa, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Resipsa

Resipsa IncGamers Member

Holy Freeze Merc?

I am playing a single player level 50 sorceress and have a Holy Freeze Merc. I have the impression from other threads that the aura should also be cast on my sorceress like it was with the defensive Act II Normal Merc. But no matter how close I get to the Merc the aura is not shared. Am I wrong to assume that the holy freeze merc's aura should be shared with my character?

Thanks for any replies.

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

It should be shared, since act 2 mercs do share thier auras with you & party. If your sorc has more than one aura/skill graphic active oh her at the same time, they cycle for a few seconds at a time. Watch your sorc's feet area for the graphic. Then again now that I think about it, holy freeze freezes enemies turning blue, than you are good, I beleive...

Shade or Alain ?

3. Resipsa

Resipsa IncGamers Member

Shade or Alain ?
    --Thanks for your reply. The only other graphic seen is that of the shiver armor. I've left the shiver armor off and none of the monsters approaching my character turn blue -- only when when they approach the merc do they turn blue.

4. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Shade & Alain are other members here who know alot. They are both very helpful as well.

5. Resipsa

Resipsa IncGamers Member

Thanks again for your reply. It would appear then that the program is not allowing for the shared aura. Would you recommend that I go back and hire the normal Act II defense merc and level him or simply wait until hell to hire another act II defense merc?

6. Resipsa

Resipsa IncGamers Member

Posted twice

7. Gorny

Gorny Banned

If I remember right, Holy Freeze affects enemies or other players if in PvP, I do not think you will be affected by it. Nor will you see a graphic of it affecting you. That aura would not show its effect like Might does, I beleive. That means as long as your merc has the aura active, it is doing the job it is supposed to - freezing/chilling any enimies in its radius of effect.

8. Voldemort

Voldemort IncGamers Member

You are right Aragorn I use a lvl 94 Holy freeze merc and when I am not using an Aura myself his aura does not affect me

9. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

Holy Freeze is one of only a few auras that actually aren't shared.

Consider it as an area of effect aura that radiates only from the merc. Instead of actually going on multiple people to improve them, what it does is cover an Area and when monsters (Or any opponent) enters the zone, they're left in a much worse position because they're slower.

Holy Fire, Holy Shock, Conviction, Sanctuary, Redemption are all in the same boat. They effect opponents in a specific area more than your Party, so the aura doesn't have to be on your party members to be useful. (If you were a pally, though you're obviously not. It all still applies to Holy Freeze mercs though)

When your merc levels a little more, his aura range will be much wider and you won't have to be as close to him to benefit from his Chill; He'll cover most of the screen. Stick with the merc... He'll serve you well and he's the best tank for someone who doesn't have the funds to equip him with top of the line gear.

Aragorn explained it well with his 3rd post... just figured I'd add a tad bit more.

10. Resipsa

Resipsa IncGamers Member

Thanks to everyone who responded. I now understand how the different auras apply. Much appreciated.