Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Holy Freeze + Enchant

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by VaMagi, Sep 14, 2006.

1. VaMagi

VaMagi IncGamers Member

Holy Freeze + Enchant

Hi, I recently found a Demon Limb and the L/23 Enchant seemed like a nice bonus for my Sir Freeze-A-Lot type Pally. I'm using a Bless merc but my AR, character screen reports, is still only 3060, 5500+ when he gets around to turning the aura on, and 7,000+ with the Enchant.

What I'd like to know is does the fire off of enchant replace or stack with my Holy Freeze damage? Of course the char screen is useless, it shows my damage drop when I Enchant, but I'm not sure the Calc that gets linked has checked on this. Has anyone heard anything either way?

2. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

It should apply the ar bonus and fire dmg to your reg attacks..sounds like another LCS bug.

3. VaMagi

VaMagi IncGamers Member

Thanks, that's what I hoped but thought it best to ask. I read all the time of Frezzer's that say, "I'm killing any thing in hell in seconds", and I'm so far from that, even with my wife's 79 Zon + Might merc, and I'm 79 with Bless merc, that I started to wonder. (Our gear is at best mediocre though.)

4. sir goatscelot

Without some decent equipment, Frost Zealots are tough to play indeed..but heres some ideas..Nords, Duress, Gore's, High lords..won't cost much above an um.

5. VaMagi

VaMagi IncGamers Member

Yep, it's my own fault on that level, I posted here when I got back to D2 in May and ppl said Hammer was the best poverty build with Freeze second. I didn't want another spell caster so I went freeze, and I've had a blast teaming with my wife's Zon! But we are running into some tough patches now.

My armor, Atma's, is likely the worst thing I'm using, what do you think of Fort for a Freezer? Or would Guardian's be better for this build? (That's assuming I can afford either, but I'm just thinking my way through it. )

6. sir goatscelot

Well if money were no object, the sky the limit lol. Fort is nice for extra phys dmg, def and resisits. Angel is nice for +to max resists, skill, and blocking bonus.

I would still look at Duress however as it's mods fit the theme of a Frost Zealot the best, and the mods are all good.

If you were really rich, you could use Doom Zerker in the following ways:

Cold dmg based- 20res cold, salvation,fana, holy shield, then split the rest between sacr and zeal..or you could skimp on Hs..no points in Hf as it will synergize with Doom

Phys dmg based- 20 rc, fana, hs, sacr, zeal

An example of good equipment would be something like this: Fort or Duress, Kiras, tgods, highlords, Loh, Hoz, Goreriders, DoomZ, grab a might merc for more dmg or blessed aim if your ar is not up tp par.

These are just suggestions so do take with a grain of salt..good luck!

7. VaMagi

VaMagi IncGamers Member

Thank you, I'll keep working on a Lo or an Um and use Fort or Duress depending on which I find first.