Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Holy Fire in D2 1.10

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by daanve, Jun 21, 2005.

1. daanve

daanve IncGamers Member

Holy Fire in D2 1.10

I'm playing D2 1.10, and in my game the elemental damage for holy fire does go up with each level!!

I'm now on level 15 and my elemental bonus 81-95 fire damage.

And I read that you don'y get elemental damage :S

Is this a bug or what is it?

Daan

2. FodderCannoned

FodderCannoned IncGamers Member

Yep you do get elemental damage through the holy auras, if you want to make that sort of palidan make sure that you max resist fire also for the synergy benifit to holy fire.

3. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

I believe the res all aura (salvation?) is the other synergy.

Where'd you get the idea that you don't get more elemental damage per skill point? It says higher levels means higher damage on the Arreat Summit site...

4. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

You gain the most damage by increasing your holy element first, once you have maxed it place points in your resistance auras as synergy to really boost the damage. salvation is the best place to put points when your build is using 2 holy element auras such as the storm ranger build.

Where ever you heard that adding points to holy elemental auras didn't add damage, forget it they were joking with you, or out right don't understand the skills in D2.

5. daanve

daanve IncGamers Member

well, it said so in the paladin-guide on this site, that is only does aura-damage. And that it is useless. I think this skill-setup is pretty good, cos at the end you'll have a very nice damage (450 or so)

6. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

More then likely that guide was written during an earlier patch. It wasn't until recently (1.10?) that the holy elemental auras added elemental damage to your attack (as well as provide aura-damage)

7. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

holy freeze never applied pulse damage until 1.10, holy shock added .09 (not a lot, but it did), and holy fire was also pulse only until .10 as well. aside from that, holy aura zealots and rangers are quite fun and fairly effective. you need to max at least the main synergy and use the second one as a dump for remaining points. May not do mega damage, but it surely won't hurt.

--welt