Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"Holy Crap!!!" (the season finale thread)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ev_, May 28, 2005.

1. Ev_

Ev_ IncGamers Member

"Holy Crap!!!" (the season finale thread)

I only made this thread to comment on the NCIS season finale, but since I'm not sure how many people actually watch NCIS, lets make this a thread for all season finales. I guess everything in here should get spoiler tags in case someone recorded something and hasn't watched it yet.

So anyway...
    Wow. Wow wow wow wow wow wow...that had to have been the most shocking thing I've ever seen in a tv show. For jaw-dropping moments, I thought it would be hard to top last season in 24 when Jack executed his own boss, but this blew that out of the water. It's rare that a female character dies in a tv show. Even more rare that a female LEAD character dies. As if killing Kate wasn't amazing enough, the way they did it left me speechless. A nice happy moment at the end of the show when the three agents think it's over and they're all laughing. Then WHAM, bullet between the eyes. 3 seconds of the camera on her dead body, then fade to black. My sister and I just sat there stunned. This sucks...I really liked Kate.

And here I thought Lost was going to have the best season finale.

2. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

With tongue firmly in cheek, we proudly present...something completely different.

*Spoiler alert!*

Lost - we learn that Ethan was wrong...Aaron wasn't the child that the Others were after (it was Walt!). The hatch is blown and we have to wait 4 months to see what is inside.

House - once again, Dr. House violates medical ethics but is still kept by the hospital because as always, his diagnosis was correct. Also, his ex-wife still wants him though no one can figure out what the heck she sees in him.

ER - something blows up and the ER is swamped...you know, the same old thing that happened last year but in a new way/setting with new actors.

Enterprise - don't know, didn't watch it (nor did anyone else so it doesn't matter because no one cares anyhow)

3. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

Do I suck because I enjoy watching House?

I guess I have a real thing for shows where the lead character is an absolute prick, yet incredibly intelligent/right.

4. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

The House always wins

Oh, don't get me wrong. I like House, both the show and the character, but being in the medical profession myself, I can't reconcile his circumvention of ethics with being right. In real life, he would have had his licence revoked, no matter who he saved or how he did it. So no, you don't suck.

5. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

My question about sucking was more because it's a show on Fox that has more than slightly over the top storylines. Yet, I definitely enjoy watching it and even find myself looking forward to it occassionally. And that's coming from someone that watches maybe 3 shows on TV with regularity.

6. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

Umm..what is NCIS?

Lost..just plain SUUUUCKS!<<sorry had to say that..usually dont but people shared their opinion with me on Survivor..so...SUCKS BADLY!! :)

House is rather good..I've seen like maybe 3 episdoes.

7. Carino

Carino IncGamers Member

NCIS is is the the Navy CSI. So same as any other CSI, but with the navy. Its a good show, though i didn't watch the finale, damn... kate dies :(

8. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

*spoilers*

Lost: I really enjoyed the final 2 episodes. Felt like full circle because of the global flashbacks. There was many symbolism used, such as the number 47. When Sawyer called Mike and Jin, Chewie and Han, notice there was then a sequence between the two conversing (Jin speaking Korean) just like the same scene Chewie was talking to Han. The name Aaron was not just a random name used. "Aaron, the name Claire (Emile de Ravin) gave her son, is the name of Moses brother, which ties in with episode being named Exodus and the idea that they've been on island for 40 days." I don't think we can be sure that those who took Walt were 'the others'. What you said makes sense, but who knows really. Some say that girl who threw the bottle that engulfed the raft was the same girl who was with Charlie in the flashback. That's what so great about the show, we don't really know what's going on.

24: Followed each and every episode, I felt there was too much going on in this season but I definitely loved the season finale. Such a great show. I can't wait for Season 5, I really want to know how they bring him back to CTU. When he goes across the border, do you think he goes to Canada or Mexico?

Third Watch: Though I missed pretty much the whole season, I made sure I didn't miss the season finale because it was its last show. Great ending, great song (Battersea by Hooverphonics, same song that played during the first episode of Third Watch). Gave also the full circle feeling.

CSI Miami: Last episode of the show as well. The finale was pretty weak I find. Though I enjoyed the show as a whole.

9. Ev_

Ev_ IncGamers Member

It's the same kind of show as the CSI's, but it's not the same writers or producers. It's completely separate.

Lost was definately the best show of the season. For me, it may have replaced 24 as the best show ever, actually. There is SOOOOO much going on, and so much that has never been explained. We still don't know the story behind the two skeletons they found in the caves, although I have a big feeling that those are actually the bodies of Jack and Kate (remember how Jack took the pouch from the body and put it on himself?).

The biggest thing I think everyone wants to know is, what the hell is the security system? It's got some smokey little sentinel, but other than that it seems invisible. Although Locke can apparently see it. If you listen to the sounds it makes, though, it's mechanical. Right before Locke gets snagged, you can hear a chain being wound up. I think the hatch they found is some sort of access to the heart of the security system. Weird weird weird.

Best line from any show this year: "You've got some...Arnst...on you."
    Haha, Hugo rules.

10. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Anyone here an "Alias" fan besides me?

They had the season finale this past wednesday. The last 2-3 minutes of the show were very interesting to say the least.

11. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

Yes, I was going to comment on Alias finale when I got to see it.
    I've only seen the one prior to the finale, I'll have to wait for next week to get to see it.

I am an incredible Lost fan mainly because of Alias. When Lost first came on TV, I had no interest in watching the show. It seemed dull and boring. But the show's premiere kept on playing week after week for a month, I gave in and gave it a chance. I couldn't help but notice the music, the intrigue and everything was similar to a show I was already hooked and loved... Alias. Did a little research, found it was by the same creator. Gave me all the reasons to continue watching Lost and I have never stopped since.

12. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

The CSI two hr season ender was amazing!!! The best CSI episode ever and one of the best shows ever period.

13. Keldaris

Keldaris IncGamers Member

I agree, and i must admit that I, for a few seconds, beleived that nick was acyually dead.

14. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

Hey! I like enterprise! I don't get why everyone thinks it's so bad. sure it was no next gen, but it was way better than DS9. I like the time travel things. and it's cool to see how the federation got started.

I've heard good things about lost, but I don't have Tivo or a firm grasp of the VCR's scheduled recording system, so I would often miss it. I think it's too hard to jump in on that show in the middle.

I like alias, but it's been getting weird, and the last episode was a little too resident evil for me.

THe 2-hour CSI was also really good. It really kept you on the edge of your seat.

15. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Hopefully I'll get to watch the CSI finale today. My friends have DVR and they recorded it for me.

16. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

Not true. I watched it. I thought the show had some good things going for it. I just think the writers tried to make it too grand however.

As far as NCIS, word was she wanted out of the show.

17. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

I was about to mention that resident-evil like setting in the season finale of Alias but it was a nice change of pace from the sometimes predictable plotline of some of the episodes on that show. The last 2-3 minutes of the finale involving Vaughn's secret was definitely an eye opener.

I must agree that season three was weird and all over the place in terms of plot. They also seemed to throw away all the stuff mentioned in the finale of season 3 when season 4 started. I guess this is because at the beginning of season 4 they moved the show to weekday primetime and wanted to attract a "wider audience" so they dumped some of the previous story of the show.

18. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

I was also a fan of Enterprise and overall the series was good though the finally was missing something or as we say in french je ne sais quoi!!