Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Holy Bolt and Cloak of Shadows oddities

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Ulthrion, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Ulthrion

Ulthrion IncGamers Member

Holy Bolt and Cloak of Shadows oddities

Hey,

Sorry if this has been noted before, but there is an oddity with at least 2 skills.

First of all, cloak of Shadows: You can't recast the cloak until the duration has expired, this means that a character with a very high level (and thus long duration) on the cloak of shadows is continually waiting for the cloak to wear off, as the effects of the cloak are only 20 yards.

Second, when I use shift to target with holy bolt (don't know if this also goes for other missiles), it won't shoot when my cursor is over a barrel. Especially in the mausoleum this can lead to great frustrations, as mosters close in on you, but you do nothing, because the cursor is over the one-of-many barrels there.

So, is there a reason for these oddities? Do I want too much?

Farseer Ulthrion

2. happyface95

happyface95 IncGamers Member

The holy bolt happens with teleport too. I'm teleporting to durance 2 and my cursors happens to go on those armor racks and monster hitting me and me not porting.

3. Chaldan

Chaldan IncGamers Member

But that's only logical, you cant teleport to the same space as a barrel. The holy bolt problem (perhaps the same for other missiles as well?) is more annoying, since you might , for example, want to shoot at something behind the barrel

4. 694095

694095 IncGamers Member

Barrels are not attackable targets. You can also notice this on bodies, doorways, stairs, etc. These objects are only available for interaction, once you walk up to it. Most skills are consitered an attack by command, and holding shift of course means you will try to attack that spot. If a barrel is in the way of the spot you are attacking, you can't select that spot. You instead select the barrel and since you are holding shift, you cant walk to it. So nothing happens.