Holland, are you ready for some Football?

maccool

Diabloii.Net Member
Holland, are you ready for some Football?

Yeah, I know you guys have cool sounding cities like The Hauge, Eindhoven, and Delft. But, come Wednesday (18 Feb), your country will know what it is to lose!

That's right, U.S. v. Holland @ 1930 - I think I got the time right - in Amsterdam. Don't give me any of this, 'our players are competing in Premier League and the Bundesliga' stuff. You will be defeated!

Final score: 1 - 1. Take that, you Orange shirt-wearing, bike-riding, progressive Europeans :D

Lithium

Diabloii.Net Member
Not just the Bundesliga, but also the Premier League and the Primera Division!

We'll eat you alive :rant:

PS, it's soccer fool!

Underseer

Diabloii.Net Member
maccool said:
Yeah, I know you guys have cool sounding cities like The Hauge, Eindhoven, and Delft. But, come Wednesday (18 Feb), your country will know what it is to lose!

That's right, U.S. v. Holland @ 1930 - I think I got the time right - in Amsterdam. Don't give me any of this, 'our players are competing in Premier League and the Bundesliga' stuff. You will be defeated!

Final score: 1 - 1. Take that, you Orange shirt-wearing, bike-riding, progressive Europeans :D
Uhm, if you're talking about international soccer, now is not the time for Americans to do any boasting. :(

*shake fist* That squad better get their act together within the next year!

maccool

Diabloii.Net Member
The Olympic squad is mainly the U-23 team, so there aren't as many dudes like Reyna, McBride, Keller, etc. This will be the real deal US team, assuming the Premier and First Division League players like Reyna, McBride, Keller, etc. are granted leave by their clubs.

If memory serves, the U-20 team kicked some serious butt in their last international tournament. 2006, quarterfinals baby!

Underseer

Diabloii.Net Member
maccool said:
The Olympic squad is mainly the U-23 team, so there aren't as many dudes like Reyna, McBride, Keller, etc. This will be the real deal US team, assuming the Premier and First Division League players like Reyna, McBride, Keller, etc. are granted leave by their clubs.

If memory serves, the U-20 team kicked some serious butt in their last international tournament. 2006, quarterfinals baby!
Thank you! You have restored my faith!

Perhaps I should go hang out at more "Sam's Army" web sites. :D

toader

Banned
Im confused...who are these people that play football that you speak of?

Where is Payton Manning, or Steve McNair??

Lithium

Diabloii.Net Member
Actually the US soccer team performed pretty well in the 2002 WC. They got smoked in the quarter final though, I think by Germany.

PloX

Diabloii.Net Member
Lithium said:
Actually the US soccer team performed pretty well in the 2002 WC. They got smoked in the quarter final though, I think by Germany.
And we smoke Germany! :D

Soccer is one of holland's best sports... Beware ye evil american soccer doods....

Anyee

Diabloii.Net Member
*tackles a dyke*
*looks around a the astonished faces*

Whoops...wrong sport. Dammit, now there's a crack in that dyke.

*values forum membership too much to actually fill in this line*

:D

swami

Banned
US beat the dutch at football? Are you kidding? 4-0 to the orange shirts mate.

Even an average dutch team would wipe the floor US.

Van der Mayde, der Vaart, Arjen Robben, kluivert, Bergy, overmars, WORLD-class players = game over for US.

maccool

Diabloii.Net Member
This is how good Holland is: Kluivert isn't even starting. Of course, the Dutch came out in a 4-5-1; sissies :lol:

Two great teams.

Lithium

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm watching as we speak, it's been going on now for 40 minutes and it's 0-0. Unbiasedly speaking, Holland is the better team. :D

Besides, Kluivert isn't really a top player IMO, he's good, but just as good as the rest.

maccool

Diabloii.Net Member
nil-nil at half. The US looked uncomfortable for the first 30 minutes, but got better. The Dutch are clogging up the middle and Jan Stam is a beast in the back. Great match thus far, except for Van Nistilrooy's 'hand of god'.

Yeah, the Dutch team is better, but the US looks pretty good. Our best defender, Eddie Pope got sick right before the match, but Berhalter is playing fantastic.

I'm not a football maniac, I just play one on TV.

Second half coming up!