HOJ question

sizgar

Diabloii.Net Member
HOJ question

hi
im planning to make a HOJ but 1 question appeared when i was thinking about it:

what weapon ?

im preatty sure the choice would be a cadyceus with some nice mods on it but let say i dont think me can get a nice cadyceus right now what is the solution than ?
phase blade ?

ps
question came to my head coz im fan of zealots :)

regs

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
sizgar said:
hi
im planning to make a HOJ but 1 question appeared when i was thinking about it:

what weapon ?

im preatty sure the choice would be a cadyceus with some nice mods on it but let say i dont think me can get a nice cadyceus right now what is the solution than ?
phase blade ?

ps
question came to my head coz im fan of zealots :)

regs
I suggest u make HOJ in a Berzerker axe! PB has lower physical damage compared to BA!

/Dec

sizgar

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks for the suggestion but with no fana on and no conctr on (using convi) physical dmg wont help me a lot a think i will stay to PB ...

unless someone gives me really heavy argument why me should make HOJ in something other than PB

regs

[exile]

Diabloii.Net Member
You may need the extra range of a BA against some opponents, namely WWBarbs. However, you won't get anywhere near a 4fpa Zeal if you use a BA.

Then again, getting 4fpa is fairly difficult even with a PB. What is your other gear? (Or at least the gear that gives you IAS?) And do you definitely want 4fpa?

sizgar

Diabloii.Net Member
[exile] said:
You may need the extra range of a BA against some opponents, namely WWBarbs. However, you won't get anywhere near a 4fpa Zeal if you use a BA.

Then again, getting 4fpa is fairly difficult even with a PB. What is your other gear? (Or at least the gear that gives you IAS?) And do you definitely want 4fpa?

i know i will loose very important range from BA but using BA cant even think about 5 fpa

being melee have to keep in mind cannot be frozen and now have 2 options:

coa ber ber + lord + 20 ias gloves + HOJ + raven + dungo - 73 ias CBF 46 DR
coa ber jool + angelics + raven + sigons + HOJ + dungo - 78 ias CBF 38 DR

72 ias required with PB and no fana on

1. higher DR lower AR
2. lower DR higher AR - also defence dramatically drops down

preffer setup No 1 due to tested deadly strike test with lower AR compared to dmg i did

anyway if my idea wont work anyhow i will stay to 5 fpa

if u have any suggestions please feel free to post them here

regs

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
Personally I'd make it in a 4 socket +FM +Enchant Shillelagh, but then I wouldn't be using HoJ on a Paladin...

Davie.

Diabloii.Net Member
Why do you want this runeword? It just doesnt seem meant for a paladin, We already have better auras than holy fire and it doesnt do anywhere need the damage of a Botd or even a Doom (course Greif>those).