Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HoJ for a fireclaw bear??

Discussion in 'Druid' started by EmergE492, Feb 12, 2004.

1. EmergE492

EmergE492 IncGamers Member

HoJ for a fireclaw bear??

I was lookin for a weapon for a weapon for my soon to be fireclaw druid and i saw HoJ. Its mods look very nice for a fc bear..-20 fire resits..freeze target..20%deadly strike...nice ed...and the holy fire is a plus. I can easliy find a 3 sok elite for it. I was just wondering what the cost of the runes would be around.(sur-cham-amn-lo)

thanks in advandce

-EmergE492

2. catch223344

catch223344 Banned

Sur Cham and Lo aren't really expensive, they're the lesser expensive of the high runes because they're not in the highly used runewords.

3. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

Deadly strike will do next to nothing for an FC Wb... It only applies to physical damage.

That fastest you could ever get this weapon is 7 frames... and though the -fire res is nice... It can't match a 4 framer for overall damage and the 4 framer is Much cheaper.

4. EmergE492

so if i put it in a phase blade i would still only hit 7 frames?

5. Uriah_Heep

Uriah_Heep IncGamers Member

depends if the build is for PvP or PvM.I play only PvM and now I think I will try this-HoJ Demon crossbow-6fpa,add Highlords or(and)Gores and you can clean FIs with pure physical damage.Add Ravenlore with fire facet and this must rock.Already have Cham,Lo and Ravenlore.Really looking forward to this build.

6. EmergE492

What do u suggest to get 4 frames on a fc wb?

7. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

the only thing that HOJ is good for is fire claw Fury hybrid...

if its straight fire claw... who cares what the ED is... and 6 socket phase with all kinds of IAS stuff is cheaper and better and allows for more gear options..

only consider HOJ for hybrids

also... i have no clue how you can saw CHAM+ SUR+ LO arent expensive as hell... 2 SUR = BER , 2 CHAM = ZOD

you dont play on europe channel then where runes are just GODLY... the higher the better regardless of how much that rune is used simply because you can craft SUR and CHAM into the highly used elite runes... LOs are also the BEST rune/gem you can POSSIBLY put into any pvp weapon... 20% deadly strike offers the highest dmg out put increase that one gem/rune can give.

they are godly as hell on europe at least.

thnx
    stef

8. alainpp66

Yep, it was the Phase Blade that reached 7 frames

The Demon Machine; interesting... but all it really takes is a Weapon Switch. Still not worthwhile.

For a FCWB, top choice is a Phase Blade with 110%Ias. This means at least 4 shaels and 2 Ias jewels with nice second mods. (6 shaels can get the job done too) I play PvM too Uriah, and I'm definitely not a speed freak. It's about efficiency.

Good second mods consist of AR, +Mana per Kill, and % Damage returned to mana.

9. EmergE492

I have a 6 os war spike..ill bring that up to speed and put a nice jewel in it.
    Thanks for the advice.

10. alainpp66

War Spike can only reach 5 frames... (Base Speed of -10)

Phase Blade has a base speed of -30.

11. catch223344

catch223344 Banned

Well on west ladder, they're not nearly worth as much as ber. Zod isn't even worth much because it was so highly duped. The highest runes on west are Ber, Vex, Jah, and Zod. I was just saying that it's not really expensive compared to a BotD weapon, which requres spending like 3+ High runes in order to get that godly ethereal weapon.