Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hoj Bow

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by allaVRAVA, Sep 16, 2006.

1. allaVRAVA

allaVRAVA IncGamers Member

Hoj Bow

Hi i just got a hoj bow, treachery and guillames face.

What kind of bowzon should i make with the HoJ bow

2. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

It is not a great bow for any bowazon. But since you have it, try a pure strafer. The holy fire aura can't be bad and the ias is nice. The meteor when you die should never go off :smiley: and the blind, DS and LL can't be bad either. Put the Treachery on the zon and the Guillames on the merc. Make an Edge bow and use that for a while. Then try to find a Witchwild String. It is a great bow for a strafer.

3. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

HoJ has a little bit (-20%) enemy fire res, so you could use it on an Immozon.
    You could make some kind of fire/lightning amazon with a Dragon armor and Dream helmet as well...you'll get a "stacked" bonus from both of the auras on HoJ and Dragon.

4. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

I was thinking about that as well, but the casting delay for some fire builds is quite annoying. Plus there are a lot of critters with good fire immunities.

5. allaVRAVA

ty the tips, could u tell me what skills i should max etc? is it best to be a pvm or pvp bowzon with my hoj bow, its made in a Matrial bow with +3 to bow.

I read about immozons but are they good? and what items should u have with an immozon?

6. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

PVM; some kind of combination of Strafe, Immolation Arrow and it's synergies(if you like my suggestion), enough into Critical Strike depending on which skill path you take, 1 - 10 into valkyrie, ~5 in D/A/E

7. allaVRAVA

but isnt immolation very slow?

8. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

Immolation is slow, but it does damage while you need to wait, it burns. It is one second cast delay, and in the mean while you can spam explosion arrow. If you can keep the enemy in one place, immolation can be effective. Let the valk and or merc tank.

P.S. this means that IAS isn't the most important thing so you can focus on other things like more fire damage, big leech,... every fire damage stack. And no knockback.

9. allaVRAVA

ok sounds nice, are they good pvm? can i solo hell without any problems? how should my gear look like i would use my hoj bow and my treachery armor got dracs gloves to. and what skills should i max

10. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

soloing with only fire skills is hard. It can be done but I wouldn't recommend it. Take a look at these two build, should answer some of you questions.

http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=492
    http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=561

with the proper gear, very good gear more or less, you can be good in pvm. There will be builds that are stronger, on the other hand, being the off build might give you more or cheaper good gear, because others doesn't want them.

11. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

IMO making a mage would waste the bow's great damage (280-330 ED) and speed (33 IAS). I'm with nickedoff on this one, use strafe as your leach-back attack and the fire tree as long as you can. The combined speed of the HOJ and Treachery put you just short of 8/2 strafe. This gives you a lot of leeway for the rest of your gear. Normaly, I would recomend LOH for gloves on any bowzon, but in this case, Lava Gouts might be better. Since you have hit your speed break, the ammy slot can have something different, a Rising Sun? :wink3: A token amount of points into the cold tree, or a bow switch will get the job done against PI/FIs.

12. allaVRAVA

i read the guides to a magezon but didnt like them to much, i would more rather combine immo and strafe, so what skills should i get?

13. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

depends on how you want to play. Do you want be a straver and use immo/explosion when it comes in handy. Or the other way around, using mostly fire skills and strave when it some in handy.

If you realy want to make a combo, using both often. I would do this*.

at least 6 in strave, so you'll have ten arrow shot. More on a single target is not needed if you won't use this as you bosskill skill.
    Max immolation, to up the damage.
    Max valk, I just love valk.
    Enough pierce to get nearly 100% peirce. Start off with just one or two point. As gear some avable, you might have enough +skill to pull it of. Get raizortails.
    1 in all Prerequisites, or more if you feel like it.
    Some in ice arrow. This way you can freeze the boss so he stays in the immolation flame.
    rest: where you like it, more fire damage, in synergies for immo. More out of strave, in strave self, or in critical strike or penetrate. Better freeze, more in ice arrow. Better valk, more in decoy or in the evading skills.

stats, as low strength as possible. Enough in live and mana, some skills cost a lot of mana and steeling is not always easy, and live is always good. Rest in dex.

If you want is on an other way, go with base mana, find a lot of mana leech. More points in critical and penetate. This way, you might be able to steel back the mana you spend on immo, or an other skill. And if needed, you can still strave to get it back. Max dex, for more damage, so more leech.

*: these are just ideas how I think about it, this is how I would do it, but I'm sure people will disagree with me.

14. allaVRAVA

i decided to make a pvp bowzon so i maxed GA and got 10 in multiarrow and 12 to aviod dodge etc and im gonna max valkyire.

Right now my gear looks like this
    mb HoJ bow
    Twitchthroe
    LoH
    Nosferatu's coil
    zon torch

ive got lieke 1k life and guided arrow does 500-1000 dmg :/ is there anyway i can improve the dmg without getting a fortitude or a 160/60 armor, cuz im really poor

15. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

in PVP is a valk not that usefull. can't do much, no distraction and a way to leech life easy for the opponent. Certainly max, or as much as possible, critical strike. Max dexterity, mostly this is better then a lot of life. Crushing blow is always usefull aswell.

500-1000 is notting, don't go PVP with the better guys at high level, you'll be toasted. There is a penalty for PVP, I think only 17% damage is done. With a 5k barb, you need to shoot hell of a lot of arrow.

16. allaVRAVA

im gonna remake it and make a pvm immo strafer zon, what helm could be good to use then? and can u help me with doing a list of how much points i should put into the skills