Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hmmm...need help

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Nidlav, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Nidlav

Nidlav IncGamers Member

Hmmm...need help

Okay...I have a char that is on the Durial quest in Hell difficulty. I had the staff....but I don't anymore. I was in a normal game created by a low lvl char and dropped the staff to swap out some stuff. But I couldn't pick it back up. I assume that's because it was in Normal where I'd already done the quest. Now what do I do? :\

nid

2. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

You must use a staff that was obtained in the same difficulty in which you are attempting the quest. I believe this is to discourage easy staff grabbing from norm games and passing it on to higher difficulty characters imo.

3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

what i found:

character who got the item in nm couldn't pick it up norm.

char who could use it in hell couldn't pick it up in norm.

only char who could use it in norm could pick it up in norm.

later, that same char used the staff in norm chamber, which, according to popular wisdom, isn't supposed to happen. i think the char gets tagged, not the item, so any quest item can be used in any difficulty _only_ by a char who hasn't completed the quest yet.

4. DH Amazon

DH Amazon IncGamers Member

I have done same thing. So you have to pick up those two items again. Amazon is quite weak in multiplayer games, so make one player game and pick up those two items again. If you have good or average items this is easy. Takes about half hour.

If you build or items are not good against light and cold immunes, then hunt duriel game which has lasted 5-10min. Join game, join party. Stay in town if you cant join duriels tomb. You CAN do quest while staying in town. If you are luck, then you can do that quest in 2min but try to help others if you can :)

5. Nidlav

Nidlav IncGamers Member

I haven't tried going back and picking up the staff and amulet again to see if I can make another one. I was gonig to try that next. I was thinking that I wouldn't be able to get those pieces again since I already got them once. Thanks for the suggestions.

nid