Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hmm.... Ethereal Berserker Axe.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by (Ø=M)^42, Mar 8, 2004.

1. (Ø=M)^42

(Ø=M)^42 IncGamers Member

Hmm.... Ethereal Berserker Axe.

I just found myself one of these. I know people like them for 1-handed BotD, and I'm gonna use it for that. I will probably never find the runes, but should I search for an Superior Ethereal Berserker Axe, or just go with what I've got? (I'm an endlessly long way away from the runes, so I may perhaps find one, even though they must be insanely rare..)

2. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Well, superior ethereal 1.07 version berserker axe would be the ultimate goal here. If I were you, I'd keep that one stashed away for safekeeping until you either find a better one or acquire the runes for BotD.

Then again, once you do have the runes, you're more than likely to have enough tradeable items so that you could trade for that 1.07 axe *shrugs* your call there :)

3. Amiral

Amiral IncGamers Member

what s so special with .07 berzerk axe?

4. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

in 1.07, all ethereal items had an extra +50% Enhanced max Damage to go with the normal +50% ED that ethereal items have in all versions.

So it's not just berserker axes, it's all ethereal weapons in 1.07 :)

5. Amiral

Amiral IncGamers Member

so... it'd be like an BotD axe would get
    etheral mod like in after .07?
    up to 465% ED? (if superior)

6. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

umm sort of...

it'd be max 400% ED for the BotD itself, max 15% ED for the superior, 50%ED for etherealness. And 50% EmaxD for 1.07 etherealness. However, if I'm not completely mistaken, the ED for superior and ethereal is counted to the base dmg before the other ED% modifiers kick in. I could be completely mistaken this, but I believe I read something like that before the forum crash.

In either case, the 1.07 ethereal bonus is counted only to the maximum damage, not for minimum.

edit: forgot the ethereal bit...

7. Amiral

Amiral IncGamers Member

superior is like the most other ED, and i wrote a little notreallyclearly before, i meant
    zerk axe dmg + etheral mod + botd and superior and second etheral mod, if it would be like that... meaning:
    24+71/2= avg dmg of zerk axe (47,5)
    47,5 + 50%=etheral dmg modifier 1 (71,25)
    71,25 + up to 465%= end dmg? (402,5625)
    nice avg dmg... the one in (,) i mean.

8. Treflo

Treflo IncGamers Member

you're almost completely right on that borlag....the ethereal factor applies 50% ed the the base damage, and the 07 ethereal-factor applies the 50% ed to the base max....but the superior ed acts just like normal ed does....

i.e. the base max damage for an eth 1.07 zerker is 160 (iirc)....15% ed superior mod on that makes it appear as 184, but that 184 isnt the base, 160 still is....

and yeah, 1.07 eth zerker is easily the best choice for a BotD, but the superior ones are hard to come by....my 15% superior one cost me dearly, but it was well worth it once those runes were in place :flip:

tref