Hmm any other games?

Still-Xey-Lover

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm any other games?

I've been looking around at games and nothing has really caught my eye for a new game. I have titanquest, GW, cod2, SW, all the CS + dod games for steam, sof and sof2. along with some other smaller games. Anyone currently playing a fun game that i dont have or forsee a good one coming? Guild wars almost keeps up with the monthly cost of WoW and i just don't wanna pay that much for a game.

Wolfedude

Diabloii.Net Member
I was waiting for MageKnight but then I read the review in PC Gamer and decided against it. Now I am waiting for Hellgate London. That is the only game I see on the horizon that I will probably buy without waiting for review.

Still-Xey-Lover

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm, are there any good diablo2 mods out ? I tried Hell Unleashed which was pretty fun for a while but became more time consuming than i would have liked ( hours to do baal etc., especially on hc ) Ive seen Eastern Sun and Nezeramontias, anyone try either?

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm, are there any good diablo2 mods out ?
There is Median 2008 which I have tried briefly and it seems quite complete and could probably be enjoyable for a few weeks.

There is also Eastern Sun Which I haven't played, but it seems to have fairly good reviews. No link to it, but I'm sure a quick Google will fix you up.

There is always that 1.09 PvP server which if it's still running could probably be fun for a week or so.

-hps

LuckyDwarf

Diabloii.Net Member
I play Gunz online (Gunz.ijji.com), and I like it a lot.. been playing for a while, so I'm quite a good Kstyler. When you first start off you'll probably see a lot of lame sprayers with their SMGs, rolling around and having bad aim, but check out some gunz videos on youtube and you'll see how fun the movement and stuff is.

Lucky

Full_Circle

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm giving the WoW 10 day free trial a try. So far, I'd have to say I'm amazed that people actually pay to play it. Maybe they feel obligated after paying money for the game, or maybe it gets better. I dunno.

It's a big download, but you download the real game, so you can start making your monthly payments and never have to go to the store and purchase it... if you decide it's worth playing.

igbt

Diabloii.Net Member
I just tried WOW for the 30 day trial after buying the game for $20. Reminded me too much of Never Winter Nights and could never feel comfortable with the character control. The game is huge and such but perhaps too much so. I'm on DSL which is OK for most purposes but I did not care for the 465MB patch immediately after taking an hour or so to just install from the half dozen CD's. Got hit with another 465MB patch a couple days ago and decided that was it and ended the trial.
I just did not think the game worthy of $12 or so a month to play.
I've got Titan Quest and playing around with Nox. For a side diversion I play Fools Errand which is very old but fun if you're into picture and word type puzzles.

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
D2relived is the pvp 1.09 server. Played there for a couple of months before I got bored. Played hardcore, and then moved to softcore after a lot of inattention to the hardcore section. I hear it's much better now though.

Luckymofo

Diabloii.Net Member
I've been looking around at games and nothing has really caught my eye for a new game. I have titanquest, GW, cod2, SW, all the CS + dod games for steam, sof and sof2. along with some other smaller games. Anyone currently playing a fun game that i dont have or forsee a good one coming? Guild wars almost keeps up with the monthly cost of WoW and i just don't wanna pay that much for a game.
Guild wars is free to play online after buying the cd. There is no monthly subscrip fee.

Barrynor

Banned
Oblivion fills the need for now. I still need to get more heavily involved in tabletop wargaming though... that is my main drive, but alas, games are still few and far between (once every 2 months, on average) because my gaming group is still doing GURPS. Mind you, I don't mind GURPS, its a helluvvalotta fun, but its not a tabletop mini game, which really makes me tick. Wish Spore was out though... cannot wait for Spore. But no game really is as good as DII when it comes to the sheer addiction factor.

Oblivion, the occasional FPS or RTS, and forums... writing, that too. I got a 2nd column on Guild Wars Guru (cant link to that, but you know how to use google huh?) besides the one on RPGstars.

waflob

Diabloii.Net Member
What kind of mod is it?
Chaos Empire is an interesting mod. You get 8 stat points and 2 skill points per level, but you need them. In addition to loads of new uniques, set items and runewords, there are also guest appearances from Diablo I (eg the butcher, king leoric and those damned acid beasts). Some quests have been modified, mainly to prevent rushing. Also, a lot of the graphics have been improved, some skills re-balanced and some extra skills added (eg sceptre mastery for pallys).

There is a fairly active online group using non bnet servers, as well as an active forum. Registration is required and use of hacks/cheats will result in an immediate ban. Other bannable offences include stealing from another player when muling and pking outside of the dedicated PvP areas. In other words, it is mainly there for cheat-free co-operative play and the people there are generally very friendly and helpful.

Check it out - you might like it

DelBoy

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
(eg the butcher, king leoric and those damned acid beasts).
I loathed the Acid Beasts! My brother did not play the game and he hated the Acid Beasts simply from hearing me ***** and swear at them constantly! Seriously, they had a range they could spit, and you couldn't go inside that range without getting trounced... but you couldn't kill them without going in there!

-hps

HAMC8112

Diabloii.Net Member
No montly fee.
No need to buy disks.
No downloads.
Just create an account and start playing.

http://www2.kingdomofloathing.com/login.php?notloggedin=1&loginid=bc06ce24bda34627bf45af3efdf9acb0

Grockman

Diabloii.Net Member
I am really enjoying Titan Quest. Mind, I only started last night. Heard lots of complaints but also lots of Kudo's. Only time will tell.

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
I am really enjoying Titan Quest. Mind, I only started last night. Heard lots of complaints but also lots of Kudo's. Only time will tell.
It's a great game, but not much re playability. I've finished it with a couple of characters, gotten much of the sets etc, but not much after that. Online is full of cheaters.