Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hmm, a bug concerning "fires magic arrows" mod on bows/Xbows?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by HardyZ, Mar 2, 2004.

1. HardyZ

HardyZ IncGamers Member

Hmm, a bug concerning "fires magic arrows" mod on bows/Xbows?

well, that's quite strange, but i was wondering if "fires magic arrows" mod on bows actually works... :scratch:

i came to that strange interrogation while looking at my bowazon's stats.

i'm using a witchwild string, which is supposed to fire slvl20 fire magical arrows instead of normal attack.

it's hard to see if my dmg is changed or not, but one thing is clear: my AR is unchanged. to check that, i put normal attack(which should be slvl20 magical arrow with the wws i'm using, and magical arrow skill providing an AR bonus)) on the left-click, and strafe(which doesn't provide an AR bonus), and the AR for both attacks is identical!

Still, the graphic of the arrows while using normal attack is the one of magical arrows...confusing...

so, does anyone have an explanation on that? :scratch:

Maybe it's simply bugged/not working?

2. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

If it's a bug it's a display bug... My Wizendraw still shoots magic arrows for my Frostdin. I think they changed the way that the bows fire magic arrows since it now consumes arrows and you can't shoot it without arrows and you can't select the skill anymore. My assumption is that it converts it when released and won't display the bonuses on the character screen for it anymore.

3. theBlackKnight

theBlackKnight IncGamers Member

test out severeal things for me because i am currnetly unable to access any d2 ( stupid drive..)

see if A) you can fire without arrows
    B) if it might actually be 2 arrows ( find a bow / mod one with the same about damage, and no magic arrows mod, fire both 1 time and see if the witchwild actually hits " twice" the amount of damage

4. Freyas

Freyas IncGamers Member

The fires magic arrows mod works, but it doesn't show up in your character screen because you are using normal attacks. I have used an upgraded WWS extensively, and it definately fires normal attack without using arrows and converts damage to magic damage.

I have killed a plethora of physical immune monsters using the magic arrow on WWS, and it definately converted the physical damage to magic damage, because monsters often died faster to normal attack with WWS as opposed to a level 24 cold arrow(due to cold resistance, most likely). I don't know if the attack rating is applied or not, since it doesn't show up in the character screen, but my assumption is that it is applied- the character screen only shows the normal attack stats since that is the attack that is selected on your character.

The fires magic arrows modifyer on the bow will not let you fire without any arrows equipped, but if you have one arrow equipped, you can fire your normal attack with WWS without using up the arrow. Any skills besides normal attack will still use arrows, however.

5. HardyZ

HardyZ IncGamers Member

thx for that enlightment Freyas. :thumbsup:

6. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

It most definetely works because i rapidly take down specter (PI) monster types with it in hell.