Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hm kinda creepy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ebuski, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

Hm kinda creepy

Yesterday my girlfriend was drivin around town with me in the passanger seat. We were heading down some road where the speed limit was 55, she was going 75. She sees a gold car pull out and get up behind her really fast and put on their cop lights. I was so surprised because it was a car that I had never seen before and looked nothing like a cop car, aside from the fact it was gold like a sheriffs car.

Well the sheriff walks up to her car, and when he looks inside, he looked kindof taken back or surprised that another person was in the car. He asked for her license and asked how fast she was going. She said 60 and he said he clocked her going 69, then gave her a weird grin. He took her license, went back to his car for a minute. He came back, handed her license, walked away, and drove off.

Later on in the day I was thinking about it, and I realized so many tihngs seemed odd to me about that. For one, he didnt give her a ticket for going 20 over, and that doesn't happen often. He didn't ask for her registration, and wasnt wearing badges on his uniform. I thought at first it was just a county cop, because I didn't recognize the car or anything.

Still being bothered by it I called my Aunt because she's a cop, and asked her if anyone reported pulling over my girlfriend, and she said no, and also told me that they have to report all of the traffic stops they do. She told me that there have been a lot of phony cops driving around town late at night pulling over girls who are alone and raping them. It was a scary thought considering it was really late on one of the backroads in my city... I dunno just thought I would share because it's still scary knowing that he has her name and adress and all that. Kindof random I know, and probably nothing, but it's still on my mind.

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

wow that is kinda weird. Be careful though. A while back, I heard on the news about a fake cop who pulled over a couple in Long Island and shot and robbed them. It took a while to find the criminal but the authorities did find him.

3. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

Well I plan on following her back out to her house (she lives a little ways out of town where there arent a lot of people around) for a few nights to see if anything further happens

4. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

Smart move I would also do it. I recently got my gf and cellphone just makes me feel better to know if there is a problem she can phone me.

5. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

Ya my wife..back when we were dating, used to get pulled over all the time going home late at night.
    But of course I had freinds on the force who told me.."you need to tell Stacey not to go thru town after 12.pm I know who works that time slot and he looksfor "chick-like" vehicles".
    Once my future mother-in-law found this out..she casued up a stir..and ended up getting rid of the cop at that night. He had been found pulling over girl after girl..and never giving tickets<<kinda a give-away there. So once they begun to question him..he just left. He was a weekend warrior anyways..and usually those guys aren't worth a damn.

But ya your case could be easily a fake cop. When its at night..I told my wife to keep driving despite the cop behind her till she finds a open gas station or something. I dont care what she does..just dont pull over on a back-road late at night. They will not take you to jail once you tell them why you behaved this way. Your thinking smart doing this..
    Just put on your hazzard light to show him you see him and slow down a bit until you reach a public place.

6. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Always always ask to see a badge, those lights that you set on top of the car can be bought(check eBay or just do a google search)

If they ask to look in your car ask for their probable cause, if they don't have anything you don't have to let them look.(This might be a by state thing)

You could call the cops and ask if they have any officers in a gold car, maybe they will do a patrol looking for the guy. If he isn't a cop he is obviously breaking a few laws.

7. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

Buy her a gun instead. Then she'll really be safe. :thumbsup:

Edit: Wow, Phil and I posted at the exact same time.

8. Phil

Phil IncGamers Member

Kinda like what KOW said, my dad's best friend is a police officer and he says that if you have a real doubt about the officer's legality, you should call the police right away and ask about the car in question.

If the car is actually a cop car, but the officer pulls you over just because of your sex/race/etc. you should file a complaint against them. Officers who do this type of thing a lot are easy to spot when 10 complaints against them are all from women/hispanics/etc.

sorry about the creepy fake cop.
    phil

9. Ev_

Ev_ IncGamers Member

There's a number you can dial on your cell phone to check with police dispatchers if there is indeed a cop pulling you over. If it's real, the dispatcher will notify the cop that you're waiting until you're in a lit/public area to pull over. If not, I'm sure they'll send a real cop after you to nab the guy tailing you. I don't remember what the number is though...

10. rawrj

rawrj IncGamers Member

just go to the local toy store and buy a bb gun and if you have second thoughts about just pull it out, heheh, but if he is the real deal your introuble......

p.s cops lights arent hard to get/make yourself, i know i have a pair on my car hehehehhehehhe scares the (a four letter word starting with s and finishing with t) outa the boy racers

11. kmk-soldier

kmk-soldier IncGamers Member

that doesnt sound very cool :(
    it looks like the urban legends ~~ , so plz be carefull in those situations
    those things are happend in a sec

12. Eff

Eff Banned

wtfm8?!
    good thing he didn't want to **** with you man

13. rawrj

rawrj IncGamers Member

actually he was lucky that the guy didnt want to **** a man

hehehehhehhehe

14. Eff

Eff Banned

hahaha, true

15. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

Well it was my GF driving and he probably would've done something If I hadn't been there.. it's really kindof scary actually. I didn't think to call any sort of number because she actually was breaking the law, so I guess she lucked out that she didnt get a 200$+ Ticket, but now some creepy guy knows where she lives. I am gonna figure out that number for the future, but when people would tell me about these phony cops my mindset was that "oh it probably never happens"

16. rawrj

rawrj IncGamers Member

yeah just keep tell yourself that,

just like i am telling myself that i will win the lottery

17. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

I meant that I used to think that to myself before when I would hear of this sort of stuff, that's why I never thought to pay closer attention at the time, because I didn't think there was any way it was phony until after it was all over and I actually thought about it. + points to you for making absolutely no sense though.

18. bobmarley

bobmarley IncGamers Member

Always ask for a badge. A similar thing happened to a girl I know, she asked for a badge and he was being skeptical(because he didn't have one), so she drove off and told the cops. If you weren't there with her my friend, she could've been raped or worse. :scared:

*pk_master

19. bobmarley

bobmarley IncGamers Member

That's pretty scary, he knows where she lives. If he could or would rape her, think 200$ is a small fee to keep your girlfriend safe.

*pk_master

20. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

Yeah I know, that's why I'm following her home for awhile. Nothing will probably happen, but i'm not about to take that risk. I just keep thinking back and I'm almost mad at myself for not noticing everything that was wrong about the situation.