Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hm..enchantress questions / ponderings

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Xenon[XoA], Mar 31, 2004.

1. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

Hm..enchantress questions / ponderings

So there I am, looking through my accounts, and I find this melee sorc I started ages ago, but ran out of funds to complete. So I figured I'd start building her again, but I've run into several problems / questions. As follows:

(1) She's going to be a werebear chantress. But until I can afford a "Beast" I was thinking about IK maul (2x hel'd)/ belt / gloves combo. There was talk In the sorc forum about how putting pts into cold/light/fire mastery would affect the damage on Vengeance: would it work the same with the elemental damage added on by the IK maul's partial set bonuses? Or is the only reason the mastery affects Vengeance is that Vengeance is a skill, even if its imparted by a weapon?

(2) When I finally get a Beast. What to socket it in... I've seen several people on East using Beast ettin axes - 2 hands.
    - The physical damage isnt that important right? Most of your beatdown comes from Enchant.
    - If that's the case, wouldn't it be better to use a Beast zerker with a shield... say SS?

(3) On my bliz sorc, when she casts oak sage via hoto, the sage disappears on weap switch. Would this have the same effect? If I used Beast to turn to Werebear, then switch'd out, would I just find myself reverting to sorcy form?

Any thoughts?

2. Paladuck

Paladuck IncGamers Member

1) The elemental masteries will affect all elemental damages, whether or not they're from skills, weapons, or charms.

2) I think with bears what you want is the highest attack speed you can achieve as possible since Physical Damage is not a huge consideration. I know some people use a Phase Blade for beast.

3) I'm not entirely sure, but since Beast gives you + to a skill, once you switch, that skill disappears, and so does your bear I believe.

good luck.

3. SHouston

SHouston IncGamers Member

No, you would remain in Werebear form. Use a 1 handed Beast weapon with either Sigons or Lidless shield for the +1 to skills to switch to werebear and then weapon switch. A popular switch is 6xSHAEL'd Phase Blade for max attack speed and use of a shield.

4. th5418

th5418 Banned

Wrong, when you use the skill and switch weapons. The skill disappears. So does your werebear form.

5. Dirty_Zulu

Dirty_Zulu IncGamers Member

Ditto.....

6. Onefuryz

Onefuryz IncGamers Member

the above 2 post are completely wrong

I have just tried it.

Turned into a bear with beast and then switched weapon settings - STAYED a bear - please dont post incorrect answers if u are not 100% sure

7. SHouston

SHouston IncGamers Member

Thx Onefuryz for the backup.

BTW, I made a Werebear Enchantress during Beta using MongoJerry's guide. Its hella fun:thumbsup:

8. Onefuryz

Onefuryz IncGamers Member

Np mate - Skills disapear when u switch i mean thats just crap - Cta anyone? How many people have that on switch, hmmm, well that would be alot right? :clap:

Ps. if u just ment just wearbear from your post then sry but i read it as all skills ^^

9. Beastie Boy

Beastie Boy IncGamers Member

I'll back youguys upon the wepon switch. I hve a pure light sorc. On the wepon switch she has an orb with +3 to cold shield. I hit that, then swith back to light skillz for added def. works every time. never disapears.

10. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

Yeah, one of my sorcs uses a cold armor on switch too, forgot about that. Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

So I guess it comes down to:
    Should I use a beast on switch, then diff weap for attack, or just beast + shield as main, then cta on switch.

I'm leaning towards cta atm...

11. Yukii

Yukii IncGamers Member

Beast cant be made outta phase blade