hitting the last FCR

litokrn

Diabloii.Net Member
hitting the last FCR

hey guys. so i got the full tal set, 2 nagels, magefists, and war travs.
how do i hit the max fcr? it doesnt seem like i am with this set up.

scottee

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: hitting the last FCR

Um, no. Tals set is prety well set up to hit the 105 FCR bp if you work for it. My favorite setup (speaking from no experience whatsoever here, as I've never actually had a 200 FCR sorc :wink3:) is: 2 sorc/20 FCR circlet and ammy, HoTO, 35 spirit, Vipermagi, Arach mesh, Magefist, and a coupla FCR rings. This actually hits 205 FCR, I'm not sure of what setup people use to hit the 200 bp exactly.

Hope that helps some!

KremBanan

Diabloii.Net Member

hey guys. so i got the full tal set, 2 nagels, magefists, and war travs.
how do i hit the max fcr? it doesnt seem like i am with this set up.
Full Tal - 50FCR
Magefists - 20FCR
= 70, so you need 35 more for next bp.

Spirit - 35FCR
--> 105FCR (which is the second fastest bp for tele/fireball)

Impossible to reach 200 with Tal set, but imo 105FCR is enough.

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

My 200% fcr'er uses wizardspike, Magefists, Arach, crafted ammy, circlet with 20% fcr, Skin of the viper, spirit shield and fcr ring with resists.

200% is outstanding but you have to get lucky with the ammy.

zerth

Diabloii.Net Member

What Thyiad says. You basically need Spirit(max 35)+Ammy(max 20) >= 50 fcr. And no, you cannot avoid thr fcr ring. However the speed is awesome :)

litokrn

Diabloii.Net Member

hm my spirit only gives 32...so i guess im at the 102 fcr rate...should i just replace a nagel? ><

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member

And no, you cannot avoid the fcr ring.
Actually, you can with a perfect Spirit and Amulet, Wizardspike/Suicide Branch, and a Griffon's Eye (or ValkWing from version 1.07 :tongue: comes with 30% FCR). In fact, that describes my preferred 200 FCR setup:

Wizardspike (50 - Hel rune)
Spirit (35)
Griffon's (25)
Vipermagi (30)
Crafted Ammy: (20 - "only" +1, but I don't have to get to level89 to equip it :)
Magefists (20)
Arachnid's Mesh (20)
2x SoJ
<whatever> boots & charms.

<--- can also drop the Wizardspike and 1x SoJ for a Hoto + FCR ring, but I usually want the superior resists & mana on the Wizzy + SoJ (so I don't have to make it back up with charms).

... of course, I don't have any decent 20 FCR rare circlets, or I'd possibly choose an FCR ring to go with the circlet. Still, with the +1 on the Griffon's, and the +1 on the extra SoJ, it's a tolerable setup even for a non-lightning sorc (and if you're using Call to Arms on weapon switch, the Griffon's/SoJ setup will boost your BO too).

back to the main question at hand...

I agree with AnimeCraze. Even if you get the worst possible result on a re-roll, you still will have the same breakpoints as you're currently setup. If you don't/can't get the 35% FCR on your spirit, then yes, I'd drop a Nagelring for the moment (and keep working on the shield).

Last edited:

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member

Hel rune + TP scroll will remove (and destroy) all socketed runes/gems/jewels and return the base item to its original state. Then you just add another Tal, Thul, Ort, Amn to make another Spirit.

Sometimes Hel runes are harder to find than the shields themselves though, so if you have to trade for the supplies, keep that in mind.

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member

DO NOT HEL + TP ON NL.

Rerolling spirit is a common thing on ladder, as spirits can be made. You cannot do that on NL as spirit is a ladder only runeword. On NL, I would just use an FCR ring, unless you have so much wealth that you can buy a 35% spirit.

litokrn

Diabloii.Net Member

lol yeah i didnt think you could reroll on NL for L-only runewords
oh well i guess i'll just try n find a fcr ring. maybe sell off the 32 spirit n use what i get to try n buy a 35...or are those hecka expensive ><