Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hitting a girl in self defence, wrong or justifiable? ifra

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Njx, May 12, 2005.

1. Njx

Njx IncGamers Member

Hitting a girl in self defence, wrong or justifiable?

Well I had a discussion with friends about girls and hitting them. Haha.
    Anyways, we were talkin about said scenario where a girl of equal size as me lets say(I know kind of out there) starts swinging, lands a couple, and you crack her back in the face and put her in her place.

Has never happened to me but it seems my friends seem reluctant and would just take it, because its a girl. What is this ?
    You always hear about women fighting for equality and all that, if they want to be treated equal, they're gonna be treated equal. Wouldn't you all this a double standard?
    " We want to be treated equally, BUT, we can hit you but you can't hit us back ! ".
    I'm not sayin anyones ever said this just kind of trying to put it into... an examplke? heh :) . Anyways, what are peoples thought on this ?

2. poisonsack

poisonsack IncGamers Member

lol. closeyour eyes when you hit her ok?

3. cyclotronic

cyclotronic IncGamers Member

Well if i ever saw a 6'4 girl express anger towards me it be out the door.

4. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

I can't foresee a scenario ever in my life where a girl would start trying to physically beat me. I've never even been in a fight with a guy.

5. Namyeknom

Namyeknom IncGamers Member

I seem to remember a thread very similar to this a while back.

Cannot be bother to find it again, and I'm sure you'll all have too much fun arguing the point over again...

6. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

In a kickboxing class, I got put in the ring with a girl who looked 16 and probably 5'7" 110. I was 21 and 6' just under 200 at the time. I was like, I am not sure if I can hit her. My trainer was like, don't worry about that...

And then she beat my ass. It was degrading. The only thing that saved me from eternal ribbing was I had beaten all the guys in the gym that day to "qualify" for the ass kicking.

Garbad

7. Namyeknom

Namyeknom IncGamers Member

So, if you do decide to hit a girl, weigh up the possibility she'll wipe the floor with you, and insure no one is around to see it happen...

8. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

always wrong....for the naysayers its a lose lose situation anyways...either you get your butt kicked by a girl or you beat down a girl....your buddies will never let you forget either

9. SelfBaisResistor

SelfBaisResistor IncGamers Member

In self defense, anything goes. If a woman came up to me with a sword or gun or knife and I had the ability to fight back, you bet your sweet bippy I would. Self preservation is such a primal instinct that man or woman attacker would not matter.

10. blu3l1ghtn1ng

blu3l1ghtn1ng IncGamers Member

If it came down to life or death, its pretty obvious what the choice is. But if it was another school yard fight, then I'd just dodge the swings (?) because I don't think I could bring myself to put a fist to the *****'s face.

11. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

If i felt threatened i'd hit back. When she started attacking me she stopped being a "girl" and became an attacker. Obviously this is an odd situation, as I never get in fights, but following the hypothetical situation, I don't care if she's 4'9" and 95 pounds, I'd respond enough to have her stop hitting me. I think that's fair, and I'm pretty sure the law would fall on my side.

12. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

If she is my size, I could probably restrain her. If she knows how to fight(IE girls in my Hapkido class) then hell yes I would hit them, full force too. If she's bigger than me then again, I hit her.

The real question is would you hit someone you love? Say that oh-so-special someone starts wailing on you. Would you hit her back? I don't think I could. At the most I would grab her fists and guard the goods.

13. KillJoyBob

KillJoyBob IncGamers Member

The girl would have to be 6'1'' and 190 pounds for her to be "my size". Even then, my muscle density (speed and strength) is probably much higher than hers. My first reaction would be to get away from her. Being an avid runner, i don't think that'll be a problem. However, If I'm trapped and I feel physically threatened, all bets are off. :eek:

14. piff

piff IncGamers Member

You bet your sweet bippy? Wow, never thought I'd hear that. :p

Anyway, any girl that feels she can take me, I am getting the hell outta there. I have a little rule of thumb. A girl with a six-pack is no one to mess with. The rule applies just about anytime a girl gets violent. Girls are vicious beings.

But if the girl is weaker than me, I wonder what the **** and restrain her as best as possible. I can tackle and pin most untrained people, so I would just hope she wasn't a trained fighter.

15. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Self-defense against physical combat (ie. not some lame slap or something) with a female? Hell yes i would defend myself

16. Gibby

Gibby Banned

I wouldn't punch her not because she was a girl. I would not punch her cause I would know she could beat my ass. If she hit me I would probably say you better get your hands off of me, but if she continuously hit me I would get into fetal position and scream.

17. Ranger14

Ranger14 IncGamers Member

Why is she punching me? Though that wouldn't really affect my response, it would have a lot to do with other people's response and also legal ramifications. Generally a woman isn't going to punch a guy unless he did something to antagonize her. I would never hit a woman though. Period. I know how to restrain someone without having to hit them though, so I don't really have to punch anyone back.

I treat all women with respect and there would be no reason for one to hit me unless I was being mugged by a woman. In that case I would defend myself to the best of my ability without punching her. In that situation if I had to punch her to protect myself, I probably would, but it would be a punch to the sternum or something like that just to disable her.

18. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Subdue, not beat. If she's in my same class (6'3", 250 lbs? Eek.) then I don't have a problem defending myself equally.

19. Damotta

Damotta IncGamers Member

It'd really depend on what the situation is. If a girl who I know and dont think is a totally bad person (ex-g/f or something along those lines), then no I probably wouldnt punch/kick/whatever back. If I could get her in some kind of hold to subdue her I might try that...although I cant say I know any such holds.

If it's a girl I dont know and she is trying to mug me, taking her frustration out on me, or something like that, then yea she deserves an a** kicking.

20. BSU

BSU IncGamers Member

I don't see why our sociaty thinks males fighting females is worce then someone fighting someone of the same gender who is weaker then them. Also, saying that girls are weaker is a lie, women have stronger legs then there male counterparts that take equally as good care of them selfs and males are in the same, or alittle higher, weight class. I am against all phisical combat done in anger though and would probably try to defuse or flee from the situation no matter the size or gender of the person attacking or thretening me if that person was doing it in anger. If it was being done in a playful manner, I would probably particapate.