Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

history of the opthans

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Dazuni, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Dazuni

Dazuni IncGamers Member

history of the opthans

Azurewrath

low level light sabre look alike and no one wants it, I went to Arreat summit and it's stat is not there, it is in Diablo ii .net however. I can only guess that it been removed since 1.09 or 1.10.

so what happen to this piece of low level light sabre wannabe, why is it droped? and those in circulation, would it have collector value??

a pally dropped one from his stash yesterday, I gladly passed it on to a low level game. I think these weapon which have been discontinued are the real opthans, so can we compile a list of these item and what were their history?

2. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

ehh azurwrath nowdays is a phase blade and its more or less better then lightsabre. lightsabres only pro is its lightning absorb and its itd

3. Muffassa

Muffassa IncGamers Member

Azurewrath is probably the best/ most well known example. The reason they changed it is to fit the story better.

Azurewrath is supposed to be one of 2 great swords in the Diablo World that angelic beings or demons or something used. The other is Shadow Fang (which still sux as a sword).

Basically, the team at Blizzard decided that Azurewrath sucked so much for such a cool name that they would pull it from it's Crystal Sword status and make it an Elite Phaze Blade with kick arse stats and really hard to find. That way people would hang on to Azurewrath instead of leaving it on the ground.

there was also a rumor pre 1.10 that there would be a "Unique Set" that would contain Azurewrath and Tyrials Might and something else maybe. That has been proved to be FALSE.

So there you have it, a brief history of Azurewrath. enjoy :buddies:

4. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

and now you can't find AzureWrath Crystal Sword so hang on to the ones you got...they are the rarest item in 1.10

5. prion

prion IncGamers Member

it has collector value only. it is a decent low level twink weapon but the swing speed is a little slow. When I had one I actually prefered using Griswold's Edge (broad sword).

Azurewrath is the only weapon I'm aware of that had such a change in the patch.